HOW TO TELL WHICH ENGINE I HAVE

dirtyred11

Reaction score
Ok guys, im wondering if there are any ways I can tell which engine I have. This is the information I already know, it has 11 valve cover bolts, has the pi intake and all that, oil filler is on the passengers side, it has a 6 bolt crank, and I also got a couple numbers off the engine. O.... and its also in a 2000 mustang gt
1393728073_zps573e3af0.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
1394425131_zps7f3a8466.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

D3VST8R96GT

Reaction score
Yeah there are 2 Windsor and romeo.

Honestly neither is worse though it's easier to have Romeo.

Windsor motors are slightly dif .... The cam caps valve covers timing cover 8 bolt crank.... Honestly the only time you will notice is if u buy a fly wheel valve covers or under drive pulleys

OP
OP
dirtyred11

dirtyred11

Reaction score
Yeah there are 2 Windsor and romeo.

Honestly neither is worse though it's easier to have Romeo.

Windsor motors are slightly dif .... The cam caps valve covers timing cover 8 bolt crank.... Honestly the only time you will notice is if u buy a fly wheel valve covers or under drive pulleys
ok one more quick question, I did just go through that confusion of the 6 and 8 bolt crank and putting in a new flywheel and clutch and its vibrating really bad when I drive, when I rev it in neutral, it just vibrates and I know it feels like its something spinning so I know it has to deal with the items I just put in so what are your thoughts on this.

D3VST8R96GT

Reaction score
What's vibrating? The motor the trans? Any other noises? Who installed the fly wheel? Did you use the original fly wheel bolts?

OP
OP
dirtyred11

dirtyred11

Reaction score
What's vibrating? The motor the trans? Any other noises? Who installed the fly wheel? Did you use the original fly wheel bolts?
you can feel the vibrating all through the car when you start it but best from the drivers seat and through the steering wheel its very noticeable, and its coming from the trans area, no other noises, I installed the flywheel at family shop, and yes I reused the fly wheel bolts with locktight. One thing that concerned me through this process was the fact that the flywheel now is a different size and I had to use some bolts from Ace on my pressure plate.

OP
OP
dirtyred11

dirtyred11

Reaction score
How difficult was the flywheel bolting up?
It wasn't difficult bolting up, I lined up the bolt holes and put the bolts in. BUT I did not torque them down with a torque wrench the guy that was helping me just used an impact in the star pattern and said that's good enough so could that have been a problem?

D3VST8R96GT

Reaction score
Personally I'm worried about the bolts you used..... I only replace mine with ARP because they are tty.... I doubt that's the issue

Chattering sounds your dusting your hands off and you can notice it in the power turning on and off if you will

The D3V

OP
OP
dirtyred11

dirtyred11

Reaction score
Personally I'm worried about the bolts you used..... I only replace mine with ARP because they are tty.... I doubt that's the issue

Chattering sounds your dusting your hands off and you can notice it in the power turning on and off if you will

The D3V
That's the same thing that stays in the back of my mind also about the bolts, but there all I had at the time. Can I get ARP bolts for my flywheel and the ones that bolt my pressure plate to my flywheel? And I didn't quite understand the last part of your reply about the chattering.

D3VST8R96GT

Reaction score
OK so let's say your idling in neutral. If you rev the motor and push in the clutch does anything change noise wise?

As for chattering imagine you have dust on your hands and you sort of clap to dust them off.... like a job well done

The D3V

OP
OP
dirtyred11

dirtyred11

Reaction score
OK so let's say your idling in neutral. If you rev the motor and push in the clutch does anything change noise wise?

As for chattering imagine you have dust on your hands and you sort of clap to dust them off.... like a job well done

The D3V
that's a good question, i'm going to try the process you stated and if I remember correctly I think it does have chattering but i'm going to look more into it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online