How wide can I run in the back?

forcefedhatch

Reaction score
definitely a nasty setup forcedfed, same sizes im running but like you said I feel like its too small now lol

Thanks man.. I love the setup that's for sure.. But do you have troubles when you come up on boost, of course mines turbo but around 2900 when I come up on boost it just let's loose, when it shifts it still chirps pretty good even on the radials.. I jmodded the valvebody to the 650hp setting andvi rebuilt it with the aode red clutch setup, super firm and I live it.. But even with the extra sidewall and 28psi the 275's have trouble from time to time.. What has yet to be tried is weather above 75* though lol..

Sent from my iPhone

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
dude if I go WOT from 20-30 I can blow off these tires still, but with my setup at WOT I'm pegging right to 10-12psi and now with meth going at WOT it will only be worse lol

Like you said though, thats in cooler weather and without heating them up well. Sounds like you have an awesome setup too man

forcefedhatch

Reaction score
I have done the best I could with the car, i got it in 09 and put a hood on it wheels etc, then the hood came up and the insurance company totaled it out.. I then decided to build it andvi have a pretty vast knowledge in DIY turbocharging lol being as I have built quite a few kits. I also have a few other obstacles (kids and 3 to be exact lol) and it was a slow build 3 years and ongoing today lol.. I bought a diesel turbo, ordered mandrel piping off eBay, external waste gate , tial 50 mm bov, walbro 255, 60 lb injectors, megasquirt standalone, 14 psi now,built the aode in my garage, jmodded the valvebody, 2800 stall from edge racing,ported the heads, upper and lower intakes, milled the heads .0010, bbk subframe connectors, you know the suspension minus the tubular control arms, stock long block other than that, I really want to see how fast I can go with the stock block, I have a total of about 10k including buying the car..
6ceb804c-4899-ef2b.jpg

Waste gate placement..
6ceb804c-48df-a932.jpg

I maxed out my 42 lb injectors before and had to step to 60 lb to compensate, the 42's are maxed out between the 450. -500 horsepower area so I'm hoping the see 500 through the auto at the next dyno,
Took it down the street with my iPhone dynolicious app(which is amazing!! If you havecthexweight entered correct it's always been within 3 horsepower for me, hit up a weigh station for sure.) lol. Last year at 12 psi and it read 461 horsepower at the wheels @ 23% drivetrain loss.. So that's all I have to go off of right now..lol Now I'm at 14 psi and a little more aggressive timing.. So well see, it's a variable vane turbo and i have it locked down to where I star seeing boost at about 2800- full spool by 3300 rpm hits very fast that's why I asked about the traction issue lol..

Sent from my iPhone

forcefedhatch

Reaction score
Sorry bout the long reply btw lol.. Thought I'd share a little history, all buoy by me and my sons..

Sent from my iPhone

forcefedhatch

Reaction score
Sounds good.. I'll help in any way possible..

Sent from my iPhone

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
thats awesome man. It's awesome building something yourself in your own garage. My car is a project my dad and I did completely our selves (from the whole motor on a stand in my garage, to laying in the driveway doing the completely fuel system, to even doing the roll cage in the garage) so I think it has more meaning than anything. Your car is an awesome build and when the motor does let go you can build it up and have a complete animal

forcefedhatch

Reaction score
Yes it's completely different when you do it all and with a loved one on top of that.. Yes when this motor goes I will be starting in a 408,twins, and e85 on 120/lb injectors that's the next combo in the works lol..

Sent from my iPhone

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
sounds sick. I am about the max I want to be for this car being a street car. I would love to start building a balls to the wall turbo notchback build, but we'll see

forcefedhatch

Reaction score
Thanks bro.. Yeah notch's are where it's at that's for sure lol.. And you bein at I believe 500 hp yourself yeah for a street car that's about the max I would allow in this chassis lol..

Sent from my iPhone

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
Whoops sorry if I said this weekend, I meant next weekend sat march 24 dez racing. I'll keep ya guys updated!

forcefedhatch

Reaction score
Damnit!! Lol it's cool!! Don't do it again though,!

Sent from my iPhone

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online