hp difference between pi cams and aftermarket?

98faleen

Reaction score
What would the hp difference be with stock PI cams and some aftermarket cams, and is it really worth all that extra money for the aftermarket ones such as stage 1 or 2? By the way im new to this forum and from what ive seen it seems like a real good place to be. :thumb:

ALITL8

Reaction score
welcome to the board and i'll ask around... i talked with my mechanic the other day about doing the PI intake and PI cams swap, he said i should just go with some VT stage 1's in my stock heads (with a p&p on the heads) :dunno: cams arent cheap

edit// just found this, if youre up for some reading you can find a good amount of useful info here :thumb:
http://www.musclemustangfastfords.com/tech/0302MMFF_MixMatch/

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
you can get anywhere from 15 to 25 on a sohc 4.6, a lot of the guys over on StangNet has cams and can give you lots of info on them

GT281

Reaction score
Like everthing else Modular there is a lot of hype and truth stretching. For my money with non-PI heads I would look more at swtching up to PI cams and intake and a good tune, chip or otherwise. The best I have seen with a PI head swap and aftermarket cams, headers etc.. an N/A is around 300 rwhp. Dont get me wrong, not bad for a mostly stock little 281 cid motor but you are looking at $3000 cdn in parts(new parts) plus install if you dont do it yourself. For $3000 or less you can find an aviator/marauder/mach1 4.6 4v that has plenty of room left for mods and rwhp gains.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdude138

Members online

No members online now.