HRE Open House 2015 (Supercars, Matt Farah, RWB, Racecars + More)

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Ferocious, Jun 6, 2015.

1. Ferocious

Ferocious Legend SN95 Supporter

Today I spent the day in Vista, California at HRE's open house. The show was hosted by Matt Farah from The Smoking Tire and included dozens of vendors, models, and huge giveaway at the end. They raffled off a set of custom built wheels priced at $14K and some random Audi A4 driver won them. Tisk tisk.

Me & my squad got there early in the morning, after a slow and painless drive up the California highways.

[​IMG]

Rauh-Welt Begriff brought 2 of their cars.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Accuair booth was represented by a bagged CTS-V and GTR.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Amongst the crowd of racecars was this absolutely flawless VIP style Altima.

[​IMG]

Down the street parked alongside a curb lied this beauty.

[​IMG]

After grabbing some lunch, the Gold Rush Rally rolled through. For those who don't know, the Gold Rush Rally is a 7 day cruise from San Diego to Miami with a $17,000 entry fee.
    A bit like the gumball 3000, as the cars get shipped via freight to the east coast once they reach a certain point.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

About $4,000,000 in one picture.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Some other random cars lurking about...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The absolute loudest car in attendance.

[​IMG]

And last but not least, Matt Farah, his widebody fox, and me + bimmer boy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. whiplash473

whiplash473 Moderator Staff SN95 Supporter

You guys are on a completely different level of general cash value of vehicles at shows than we are up here. I think I've only seen 10 Lambos/Ferraris in my life.

3. Tally_4.6

Tally_4.6 Well-Known Member

That wing on the 3series lol

4. Michael Plummer

Michael Plummer Active Member

I'm not sure who's winning the automotive customization race (East Coast vs. West Coast) because NY and Florida has some crazy automotive upgrades but the pictures you provided are just another indication of some awesome customization work. Thanks for sharing and the picture quality is also very nice.

Thanks again,
    Michael Plummer

5. 1998cobrasvt

1998cobrasvt Well-Known Member

Starting at the first pic, your crews line of cars are looking good. Each one looks amazingly fun to drive!

The Porches look sick.

The slammed and cambered cars:

To me they are good looking in appearance silly in the wheels department. Never been a fan of slammed to the max and cambered. Just ruins the car for me.

Super cars: Beautiful, lots of money in those photos! Wonder how many sn95s you could build per one of those super cars lol.

The BMW wing car: LMAO!:D that wing kills it! And not in a good way. That has to be one of the most awful wing choices that i have ever seen on a street bmw

The GT3 and the widebody fox are flawless and i want to drive them both! LOL.

Looks like a fun time!

6. Ferocious

Ferocious Legend SN95 Supporter

The nismo needs a drop. I'm a bit embarrassed when driving it because it doesnt look like a sports car at that height. It's also the stiffest car I have ever ridden in that has factory suspension. The BMW is few millimiters lower than my car but has much better frame clearance. "Fun" probably isn't the word I would personally use to describe driving our cars but I appreciate the kind words.

Slammed and cambered to the max is awesome. Much better than 2" of fender gap sitting on XXR's. :look:

It was definitely a fun time apart from getting sunburned and not winning $10000 worth of HRE's so I could sell them to some baller.

7. Orange 94

Orange 94 Moderator Staff SN95 Supporter

Neat cars, don't see many modded exotics up here.
    Great pictures as always.
    Yeah it's definitely a different car scene there.
    You should see western Canada, just such a weird arrangement of vehicles. If you go in the oil rich cities I'll see a ton of exotics, but typically not modified.

8. g36 monkey

g36 monkey Moderator Staff SN95 Supporter

thank you for vvery beautiful pictures. :D