Hydro Bushings Or Not.

Jules98GT

Reaction score
Does anyone have any info as to which cars came with hydro bushings vs did not?

Why did Ford use two different bushing styles?

Getting pics uploaded to PB to edit.

Thanks!

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Does anyone have any info as to which cars came with hydro bushings vs did not?

Why did Ford use two different bushing styles?

Getting pics uploaded to PB to edit.

Thanks!
You said edit the pictures so this may not apply, but you can upload directly to the forum from your phone or computer without going to photobucket.

The bushings, I’m not real sure. I remember having the same question when I did mine and I asked another fella. Let me see if I can dig up his response and I’ll pass it along.

OP
OP
Jules98GT

Jules98GT

Reaction score
I linked a decent explanation on another forum.

If the metal sleeve is apart of the control arm it is a hydro bushing. If the sleeve comes out with the bushing it is not. I swear I took pictures at the shop today after I removed the old ones I must've been day dreaming. I still have the old bushings I'll remember tomorrow.

Link:
Pretty Decent Explanation

IMG_2968.JPEG

The metal sleeve pictured does not come out with the bushing, there-fore it is a hydro bushing.

You said edit the pictures so this may not apply, but you can upload directly to the forum from your phone or computer without going to photobucket.

The bushings, I’m not real sure. I remember having the same question when I did mine and I asked another fella. Let me see if I can dig up his response and I’ll pass it along.

AH! Thank you! I thought hosting pictures on the forum cost hosting space, the good old days eh? lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online