Hydroboost/ps pump issues?

Makoto

Reaction score
so the car does really great, the only thing is that if i stand on the brakes (like in a way that you'd never do even driving spiritedly) the engine will die if at idle.
its really an edge case so it doesn't bother me too much but i would like to get this sorted.

any body got any ideas? its definitely the hydroboost or ps pump thing.

garrittpwl

Reaction score
so the car does really great, the only thing is that if i stand on the brakes (like in a way that you'd never do even driving spiritedly) the engine will die if at idle.
its really an edge case so it doesn't bother me too much but i would like to get this sorted.

any body got any ideas? its definitely the hydroboost or ps pump thing.
I've never tried pushing that hard on my pedal. I will try and give you feedback lol my car is non ABS but i don't think that will matter

OP
OP
Makoto

Makoto

Reaction score
I'm thinking it might be the internal valve within the ps pump allowing the hydroboost system to overload the rotor (which is tied to the engine via the belt) and at idle it can stop the rotor or slow it enough to make the motor actually stall.

1651413318981.png

OP
OP
Makoto

Makoto

Reaction score
it was an issue with the tune. actually, it was because the tune was compensating for some issues I then fixed which threw off the tune.
my guy got her solid as heck now. hopefully the reports are true and in a week or so she drives like a brand new cobra but way faster.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online

No members online now.