I am an idiot

94gtstang50

Reaction score
So I finally get me speedcal in the mail, install it, program the code for 2.73's swapped to 4.10s with 245/45/17 tires. And go for a ride. Now the speedo is too slow instead of fast. I try a different code, no luck, its still 5 mph off at low speeds and up to 30 mph off at higher speeds. So I try a code for 3.27's just to see if it does anything, and it brings the speedo closer to where it needs to be but still no cigar. I get pissed and sit here trying to figure out wtf is going on. Then it dawns on me, I should decode my door tag, and low and behold, I discover the code of "E" on the axle portion of it. Now, does anyone know what E stands for? Yes you guessed it, the optional 3.27 gears with the trakloc diff. No wonder the 4.10s didn't feel that much faster and now my 15.02 1/4 mile time makes sense. I guess this is a good thing, b/c now I think i'll keep those gears as a back up, + I can get more than $20 for them. So after driving the car for 2 years, I finally learned what ratio I had. For some reason the stock diff cover had 273 on it. Guess it was a ford screw up. I guess I could say that "It all makes sense now" I was wondering why it was so easy to boil my tires off the line and why so many people were saying it was faster than they though it would be.

OP
OP

94gtstang50

Reaction score
Still lovin em, almost feels like a 94 cobra. Makes the car feel really fast, and makes it a bunch faster as well, pulls real nice for a mostly stock car. I actually out handled a civic today, lol, I'm really loving that saleen bar, its F'ing sweet!

OP
OP

94gtstang50

Reaction score
Funny story in regards to that civic, it was the usual high school retard driving it. I was behind him on the on ramp enjoying my nice handling and about 3 car lengths back and quickly gaining on him, he was in front of me slowing down so he wouldn't loose it, it was funny watching that thing lean, so I merge on to the highway and pass his slow ass right off the bat. I speed up to about 80ish, b/c I have to get home as I left some food cooking and didn't want it to burn. Anyways, he's still behind me, I slow to 70 and pass the usual cop spot, he immediately speeds up and executes a beautiful ricer fly by before slamming on his brakes so he doesn't flip exiting the highway, Those kids really crack me up, I love retarded ricers. Funny part was, I wasn't even racing, just driving normal, and he couldn't keep up.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
aah, good times.

cleaned up a little rice, home in time for dinner.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online