I am Getting 03 Cobra Seats!!! *Question*

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Joined
Jan 12, 2006
Messages
11,494
Reaction score
165
So i am comming up on some mint 03 cobra seats from my buddy for $500 :bunny3:

question is will the power harness just plug right in or is there wiring differences?
 

rgs

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 11, 2006
Messages
1,368
Reaction score
0
omfg i hate you so much. i want those seats soooo badly!
 

19mustang95

Legend
Joined
Jun 25, 2006
Messages
6,137
Reaction score
5
no, you have to splice them in...or you could just send them to me. ^-^
 
OP
OP
S

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Joined
Jan 12, 2006
Messages
11,494
Reaction score
165
DFG_Pimpin said:
no, you have to splice them in...or you could just send them to me. ^-^

well what is the splice wire....is there a write up on this because i need it badly
 

19mustang95

Legend
Joined
Jun 25, 2006
Messages
6,137
Reaction score
5
i havent seen a write up for it, but there hae been tons of people that have put 03-04 seats into pre99s, i would go over to stangnet or SVTP and look.
 
OP
OP
S

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Joined
Jan 12, 2006
Messages
11,494
Reaction score
165
DFG_Pimpin said:
i havent seen a write up for it, but there hae been tons of people that have put 03-04 seats into pre99s, i would go over to stangnet or SVTP and look.

is there nobody on here that has it done...that douch bad Lightning Larry banned me from SVTP...i know for sure there is a guy with a white SN95 cobra who has done it over there.
 

19mustang95

Legend
Joined
Jun 25, 2006
Messages
6,137
Reaction score
5
SRT Handz said:
is there nobody on here that has it done...that douch bad Lightning Larry banned me from SVTP...i know for sure there is a guy with a white SN95 cobra who has done it over there.
i know the guy with the yellow GT with the mach 1 motor has some in his car...but i forget his s/n for this site.
 

96blackstang

New Member
Joined
May 25, 2007
Messages
22
Reaction score
0
I had to cut off the connector off my V-6 seat and splice it onto the 03 Cobra seat to make it compatable with mine.
 
OP
OP
S

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Joined
Jan 12, 2006
Messages
11,494
Reaction score
165
96blackstang said:
I had to cut off the connector off my V-6 seat and splice it onto the 03 Cobra seat to make it compatable with mine.

there has to be some other way than hacking wiring
 

19mustang95

Legend
Joined
Jun 25, 2006
Messages
6,137
Reaction score
5
SRT Handz said:
96blackstang said:
I had to cut off the connector off my V-6 seat and splice it onto the 03 Cobra seat to make it compatable with mine.

there has to be some other way than hacking wiring
nope, they use different connectors, so one way or another you have to splice one harness into another...plus the cobra sests have something else that they do that 94-98 seats dont...like side lumbar or somethin, i forget.
 
OP
OP
S

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Joined
Jan 12, 2006
Messages
11,494
Reaction score
165
DFG_Pimpin said:
SRT Handz said:
96blackstang said:
I had to cut off the connector off my V-6 seat and splice it onto the 03 Cobra seat to make it compatable with mine.

there has to be some other way than hacking wiring
nope, they use different connectors, so one way or another you have to splice one harness into another...plus the cobra sests have something else that they do that 94-98 seats dont...like side lumbar or somethin, i forget.

yeah, i know i have to splice but i dont wanna hack off the connector for my old seat, i just wanna splice in...there has to be a way to do that.
 

MeanGrn Gt

Well-Known Member
Joined
May 29, 2006
Messages
3,094
Reaction score
1
500 bucks, thats a heal of a deal! thats about what they go for apiece it seems :nonono: Id love to have them in my 95 but for the price they usually go for i wont be getting any. i will be getting some new seats this year. I hate the shitty gray cloth seats it has :(
 
OP
OP
S

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Joined
Jan 12, 2006
Messages
11,494
Reaction score
165
well, i am kinda hustling this deal. This guy asks me for mustang advice on everything about his Termi.....he said he wanted to new seats so i told him his old ones were not worth very much and i would make a generous offer of $500 :rollinglaugh:
 
OP
OP
S

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Joined
Jan 12, 2006
Messages
11,494
Reaction score
165
DFG_Pimpin said:
you an asshole you lucky m'fer

no, i am not lucky, i just smoke weed and this gives me the intellegence to Hustle people :pimp2:
 

96blackstang

New Member
Joined
May 25, 2007
Messages
22
Reaction score
0
DFG_Pimpin said:
SRT Handz said:
96blackstang said:
I had to cut off the connector off my V-6 seat and splice it onto the 03 Cobra seat to make it compatable with mine.

there has to be some other way than hacking wiring
nope, they use different connectors, so one way or another you have to splice one harness into another...plus the cobra sests have something else that they do that 94-98 seats dont...like side lumbar or somethin, i forget.

Yes they have the lumbar and the side bolsters on the bottom and top that move...I have to run a seaperate power for those...
 

96blackstang

New Member
Joined
May 25, 2007
Messages
22
Reaction score
0
MeanGrn Gt said:
500 bucks, thats a heal of a deal! thats about what they go for apiece it seems :nonono: Id love to have them in my 95 but for the price they usually go for i wont be getting any. i will be getting some new seats this year. I hate the shitty gray cloth seats it has :(

I got mine off eBay for just shy of $900 and they were brand new outta a 03 (Front and Back Seats)...and then I really lucked out cause the kid live 15 minutes from my house so I didnt have to pay shipping....

Just keep your eyes out...people part out their cars all the time on eBay
 
OP
OP
S

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Joined
Jan 12, 2006
Messages
11,494
Reaction score
165
96blackstang, Can you explain, in detail Exactly what you did to make you seats work?
 

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
77,663
Messages
1,506,730
Members
15,089
Latest member
bturner425

Members online

Top