I am Getting 03 Cobra Seats!!! *Question*

96blackstang

Reaction score
We first tested the cobra seat to check which motor controlled the same adjustments. We clipped the connector of the V-6 Seat and we cut the connector off the cobra seat for just the up, down, back and forth adjustment. Then we connected the connector from the V-6 seat to the cobra seat by stripping the wires back, soldering it on and using heat shrink on it for a good connection. Then we mated the seat connector to the wire harness on the car and it worked.

We still have to run power to the other motor that controls the side bolsters and lumbar, I just have been working so much and since its my daily driver, we havent had time to do it.

Now Im kicking my self cause I should have done a step by step write up on it...I never thought anyone else would want to go thru the trouble of doing that, and we had been drinking while we did it...LOL

OP
OP
S

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
can someone do an SVTP search on the subject...i am banned from SVTP

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
SRT Handz said:
can someone do an SVTP search on the subject...i am banned from SVTP

just cause i lub you...and you should send me one of those decals for free. ^-^

have seen a few people lately asking how to do this. This is absolutely as easy as can be, even for the novice. Extra care MUST be taken when removing the old and putting in the new seats so as not to scratch/gouge the console and door sills, and the 04s are noticeably heavier than the SN95s. The passenger side is a straight swap. The rears are self explanatory, except for the fact that I had to swap out seat back frames to get the seat frame to screw in and latch without modification. There is only one bolt and a dowel holding each seat back to the frame. And make sure you dont break the plastic retainers when removing the bottom of the rear seats, these were the hardest part of the entire deal. Follow these instructions and EVERY FUCTION WILL WORK!!!

ON THE DRIVER SEAT -
1. Remove the factory connector from the '03/04 cobra seats.
2. Connect both GREEN wires together.
3. Connect a crimp connector to the BLACK wire.
4. Connect a crimp wire to the BLUE wire.

IN THE CAR -
1. Remove the factory connector from the seat power harness.
2. Connect a crimp connector to the BLUE wire (+12 volts).
3. Locate the BLACK wire (GROUND), but DON'T Crimp YET!
4. Remove the factory seatbelt attachment from the car floor.
5. Disassemble the seatbelt and cut the 2 wires that connect under the console.
6. Check with a digital meter for continuity. One wire will have continuity to GROUND. Connect this to the BLACK wire and crimp.
7. The other wire from the seatbelt will need a crimp connector.

FINAL INSTALL -
1. Connect the 2 Black GROUND wires from the car to the BLACK wire on the seat.
2. Connect the BLUE wire from the car to the GREEN wires on the seat.
3. Connect the seatbelt BLACK wire to the BLUE wire from the seat.
4. Finish bolting in the seat.

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
I've heard the Cobra seats won't wire up correctly unless you put halos in the car. :dunno:

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
96blackstang said:
^^thats what I said...J/K

Thats really handy...thank for pullin that up
i figured he could use the non-alcohol version. :hammer:

snoball

Reaction score
Ive come across like 5 sets of 03/04 cobra seats for 500 and sometimes less.. never wanted them as i got my whole black leather interior for 175 bucks outta a wrecked car. If i come across more ill pass em along to you guys

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
Snoball said:
Ive come across like 5 sets of 03/04 cobra seats for 500 and sometimes less.. never wanted them as i got my whole black leather interior for 175 bucks outta a wrecked car. If i come across more ill pass em along to you guys
please do, i want them like SRT wants some weed.

OP
OP
S

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
DFG_Pimpin said:
Snoball said:

I don't want weed...i already have to much. I think i have like a pound ready to smoke lol.

...anyways this kid is kinda giving me a hassle about these seats. He want em to buy them but he is taking his sweet time getting some different seats :nonono:.

...if i cant get the seats i am getting 1 really expensive recaro or Sparco Full race bucket O0

trav_19

Legend
Reaction score
what do the seats look like?? are they the dark gray or black?? i cant remember what they look like

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
SRT Handz said:
DFG_Pimpin said:
Snoball said:

I don't want weed...i already have to much. I think i have like a pound ready to smoke lol.

...anyways this kid is kinda giving me a hassle about these seats. He want em to buy them but he is taking his sweet time getting some different seats :nonono:.

...if i cant get the seats i am getting 1 really expensive recaro or Sparco Full race bucket O0

Get the sparco fighters in black and silver trim. :boink:

SPA00954NR.jpg

OP
OP
S

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Red96GT said:
SRT Handz said:
DFG_Pimpin said:
Snoball said:

Get the sparco fighters in black and silver trim. :boink:

SPA00954NR.jpg

yep, that was my plan...a black sparco fighter :boink:

96blackstang

Reaction score
DFG_Pimpin said:
96blackstang said:
^^thats what I said...J/K

Thats really handy...thank for pullin that up
i figured he could use the non-alcohol version. :hammer:

LMAO...

Well I didnt know he wanted it that much detail...I had a blonde moment...

916_5.0

Reaction score
Thats sweet i hella want some of those seats once i finish my interior. Get some pics up once they are in.

Peter

Reaction score
didnt see it posted but this should help

[attachment deleted by admin]

OP
OP
S

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
so this dude i am trying to get the seats from is the biggest cheap ass. He is taking forever to get some aftermarket seats for his car. He wants racing seats but is so cheap he was used corbeau CR1s with suede inserts for $500 or less....i told him he is a dumb ass and you cant find that deal. :rant:

....looks like i am gonna get 1 all black sparco fighters.

Sparco Race Bucket FTW

Peter

Reaction score
that sucks, just make him sit on milk crates until he buys his new seats.

OP
OP
S

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Peter said:
that sucks, just make him sit on milk crates until he buys his new seats.

yeah the kid is f'ing dumb. He said he wanted to sell me the seats ASAP, i then get money within 2 days and tell him i have cash in hand, now he is dicking me around.

......new edge owners are gehy :eek:utofcloset: *Snakebite exception*

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TN95gt

Members online