I dont get it....street cars with full on roll cages....

68mustang5.0

Reaction score
Okay, so im driving home from work today, theres this super loud noise coming from this civic hatch. The dude that was driving the car was huge, looks like the car was too small for him, lol.

Anyway, the car didnt look modded too much, had really mean camber, and it was slammed. Had an ugly sounding exhaust, everytime he downshifted and the revs jumped, my ears hurt! Anyway, i got on the side of him, and that dude had a full on 6 point roll cage in his car, with a fire extinguisher on the drivers side pillar!

I thought that roll cages in street cars do way more harm than good? Arent full roll cages meant for like track only and 12.99 seconds or faster drag cars?

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
i dont think a cage will hurt a street car any. think if you wreck on the street, i bet it will do better than worse.

it was probably mainly for style.. i am going to do a 6 point in my car and it has never seen a track. i just want it cause i go to car shows and i will actually feel a bit safer when i drive my car. might sound dumb but hey.. i like cages. not the 20 points and all that bs like truuble has.. but he needs that, he has a drag car. i just have a street car and a cage looks good in a car IMO..

cage will also stiffen up the car.

rgs

Reaction score
cage = 10x than subframe connectors. thats why people get them in street cars

Hellion94

Reaction score
You only need a 6 point bar in a car if you are running faster than 11.49 in a hardtop, it's 12.99 in a vert.

roll bars (which I'm assuming he had, probably a bolt in and not a weld in cage) do look cool, and in a lot of cases, aren't really that much of an intrusion, plus they stiffen the car up a ton, and make it much safer (duh)

In a civic, I think it's still pretty gay, but in some of the rowdy-er stuff, it's definitly cool, if not neccessary.

OP
OP

68mustang5.0

Reaction score
Hellion94 said:
You only need a 6 point bar in a car if you are running faster than 11.49 in a hardtop, it's 12.99 in a vert.

roll bars (which I'm assuming he had, probably a bolt in and not a weld in cage) do look cool, and in a lot of cases, aren't really that much of an intrusion, plus they stiffen the car up a ton, and make it much safer (duh)

In a civic, I think it's still pretty gay, but in some of the rowdy-er stuff, it's definitly cool, if not neccessary.

Yeah, i know they stiffen the chassis really well...but I read somewhere that a roll cage can be very deadly in a street car in the event of a collision.....

I read it in SCC....go figure. haha

Rantheman

Reaction score
I am running one in my chevelle and it's a protouring chevelle but a streetable car

OP
OP

68mustang5.0

Reaction score
DFG_Pimpin said:
hopefully, in a year, my car will have the need for a cage... 8)

Same here man! well, maybe a year and a half for me! lol

95-stang

Reaction score
"The dude that was driving the car was huge"

Maybe the cage was to keep him IN. :D

TheBab

Reaction score
Hellion94 said:

You never know that civic might've ran 11s...

I DD my car and it has a 6 point cage with proper padding on it. :)

jfor441

Legend
Reaction score
I don't think a 6 point cage qualifies as a full on roll cage LMAO. The only thing the roll cage would do to make it not good is if you were in a wreck bad enough you have to be extracted from the vehicle. The chances of that happening with a cage would have to be the result of your car and an 18 wheeler feeling each other up. Other than that they do more good than harm.

95Boss

Reaction score
Getting into and out of a car with a roll cage can be tricky and often requires some maneuvering. I can't imagine a fatass guy negotiating a roll cage while entering a Civic. That could be a popular vid on YouTube.

S

scarface

Cage is def. on my list of to do mods :) but then again, so are alot of engine mods..lol :)

Cages are VERY popular in civics here in VA

BCisme

Reaction score
A friend of mine has a roll cage in his daily driven hatch. slammed, nice paint, but you'd never know he was putting down 400+ on his street tune, and 600 + on race gas. just by looking at it. with his new motor he should be up towards 800 by now.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I'm gonna do a 4 point MM rear bar, i'd like to do a 6 but i'm too big of a hunk of studly man to give up my interior space. :pimp2:

Heres a 4 point MM in a car exactly like mine.

[attachment deleted by admin]

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
Hellion94 said:

They changed the rule for verts to 12.49.

OP
OP

68mustang5.0

Reaction score
Down here in hawaii, big dudes in small cars is super common. here, we call them, "Mokes"

Sometimes they load up the small civics with like 4 or 5 of them.....lol

95-stang said:
"The dude that was driving the car was huge"

Maybe the cage was to keep him IN. :D

:rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdude138

Members online