I Finally Got It! Give Me Some Ideas

Parm

Reaction score
Today I bought my first mustang. I have had my eye on this one for a while. It is a 1997 Mustang GT. I have always loved the body style of the 94-98 Mustang, so when my girlfriend's dad bought a brand new 2014 GT this beauty became available. He knew how much I loved Mustangs since we would all go to Mustang shows together. So the day he bought his new one he promised me this one. It took me a few months to save up the money but it was worth it once I got behind the wheel and drove it home. I love cars, and I definitely love driving, so the Mustang is perfect for me. It gives me a great project to work on, and also a fun daily driver. I couldn't be happier.

As of right now here is a list of all the aftermarket parts I am aware of.
  • BBK cold air intake
  • MSD coil packs
  • MSD super conductor 8.5mm spark plug wires
  • SR strut tower brace
  • 3.73 gears
  • Magnaflow Magnapack catback exhaust
  • Cobra R Wheels
  • Tokico shocks and struts
  • Steeda Race Wing
  • And a few other suspension parts I'm not very sure of
  • Two 10" subs with box and amp
  • JVC 7" HD touchscreen head unit with the dvd player rigged to play movies while driving muhaha :nono:

I plan to do a lot more to it but that is a great start for $5,000. I really want to coyote swap it, but that is in the very distant future.

The first things I plan to do will be to take care of the body. As you can tell from the picture it needs work. Raxiom smoked halo HID headlights, cobra front bumper, cobra rear bumper, and then a fresh coat of black paint to bring it all together. After that I plan to build the horse power probably starting with a PI swap.

I have spent a lot of time on this forum reading about and admiring other sn95s. Now that I have my own you will be seeing a lot more of me. I posted this to get out into the community, and catch a few ideas for my new ride. Anything helps.

Well here she is.

Z88okJ9.jpg
[/IMG]

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
"1997 Mustang GT srs" lmao! Sorry, srs doesn't mean anything special. Its stands for safety restraint system (or along that line). So you have airbags... Lol
Don't worry, lots of people make the mistake. The cursive SRS writing make people think its something special.

Welcome to the forum. Good looking car!

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
Welcome to the site! From the looks of the picture you posted the headlights would definitely be the best bang for your buck in the visual/exterior perspective. Otherwise it looks pretty good! Not a fan of the wing though. Lol

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
SRS? No wai!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Clean car. I like the steeda wing, it's been growing on me a bit lately.

OP
OP
Parm

Parm

Reaction score
Yeah I figured I shouldn't put that on there. I had no idea what it meant to be honest. Thanks for letting me know though. Edited it out lol.

joekd

Reaction score
Looks good

First mod - Hood struts

Second mod - Headlights and corners

After that go crazy

ProKiller

Reaction score
decent starter car. looks like it has the basic bolt-ons covered pretty well. definitely some new headlights will help it out. i wouldn't bother with a rear cobra bumper if i was you. it's the same exact bumper just says cobra on it and you'll pay a pretty penny for it. you could be putting that money towards paint instead.

MissV8Der

Reaction score
Welcome! Looks like a great starter car, once you start modding....it never really stops.

(And I'm about half an hour south of Greenville :) )

stang415

Reaction score
Not bad, but 5k seems high for an sn95. How many miles. bumper looks faded. The 4.6 in that will leave much to be desired. You will want to PI swap it, or get a cobra

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
5k is perfect for such an awesome car! The same car, same condition, but cobra, sells for 8k+. Great score!

Goldmember

Reaction score
Welcome to the madness. Seeing your 97 makes me miss my old one that much more...thaaaanks lol

Everyone else covered the basics, only one thing I'd add, does the intake still have the plastic coolant crossover? If so, I'd go easy on it until you get rolling on the PI swap. 17 year old plastic, many heat cycles on part known to fail...you get the idea. There is no rigging a repair, even JB Weld has been known to fail on it. If it's aluminum, then my post is useless. lol

Oh and if it's 5-speed, a good short-throw shifter will do wonders for the experience, just know you'll have more noise to deal with. I liked the Pro5.0 on my 97, works well with the T45. The MGW nutswingers will be in shortly on this one...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online