I got 500 Bucks... What should I buy

quickstang_1994

Reaction score
CanaryGT said:
I was thinking perhaps the Tokico Illuminas for perhaps the Cobra brake upgrade. But SFC is a good option. I do want to get a Cobra Intake, but I wont see much gains.... my heads are still stock. hmm.... maybe I should just get scarface a gift certificate..... but who knows!

The intake should give you between 15-25.

Downshift

Reaction score
When I put my intake on it felt like 1 1/2 - 2 times the power or umph whatever as it did when I went from the stock 4 cat mid to an off road x pipe. If you get SFCs you will still have half that money to spend.

OP
OP
CanaryGT

CanaryGT

Reaction score
5.0wned said:
When I put my intake on it felt like 1 1/2 - 2 times the power or umph whatever as it did when I went from the stock 4 cat mid to an off road x pipe. If you get SFCs you will still have half that money to spend.

5.0wned, do you think the Intake is worth the money then? Also, you didnt go the elbow route, correct? You stuck with the fox body style? How was it going that route? I also want to get my EGR shit outta my area... if that makes a difference or not i dont know.

quickstang_1994

Reaction score
The cobra intake I was talking about is a rare 94-95 in great condition. Its a direct replacement. and you may still have money for sfc.

Downshift

Reaction score
Yes and no Canary. When I first got it on there it was awesome but like all mods you get used to them so... either way. I wouldnt spend 500 on it. If you are not gonna make the car into a beast I would go ahead and get the cobra intake and some SFCs. That should be around 500. I like doing stuff a little different. I have never liked the elbow look so I went fox style, plus i got a fox TB with the intake so that kinda made me a little biased. You can get the elbow for really cheap at UPR so its really up to how you want it to look. For me all I had to do was buy a fox body style EGR and bend from home depot and I got it to work with my mac cai that was made for the 94-95 just had to turn the top piece around and it fit perfect.

Schiffy

Reaction score
Subframes, and underdrive pulleys you'll still have like $200 to spend. you could use that on rear U/L control arms... get it all from AmericanMuscle.com and it'll ship free :dancing6:

tommybunz

Reaction score
sub frames, pullies, headers that should be about $275 - $300 then go for the intake that should do it

OP
OP
CanaryGT

CanaryGT

Reaction score
I already I MM LCA, Pullies, Headers ect. 5.0wned, I can see your point on the small stuff and how you get used to it. I do want to go blown in the future of my car but the setup has a lot of things that need to be taken into consideration. I know that I need better suspension modifications, but the car is okay where it is. Also I was thinking that if I do go blown, perhaps a look at my fuel system is in order. I still have a stock MAF and Injectors, fuel pump ect ect. Just so much stuff to think of...

thorco3

Reaction score
man I hear ya... I cruise around with some cobra's, mach's, and heavily modded gt's... but for something like a blower it just seems like there is all the "small" stuff that you have to keep in mind...

I wouldn't mind seeing some pics of your car. I'm guessing by the sn your car is canary yellow, but I don't think I've ever seen pics of it.

as far as the 500 I would go the intake route and maybe start looking into a full HCI swap...

ripper

Reaction score
CanaryGT said:
I already I MM LCA, Pullies, Headers ect. 5.0wned, I can see your point on the small stuff and how you get used to it. I do want to go blown in the future of my car but the setup has a lot of things that need to be taken into consideration. I know that I need better suspension modifications, but the car is okay where it is. Also I was thinking that if I do go blown, perhaps a look at my fuel system is in order. I still have a stock MAF and Injectors, fuel pump ect ect. Just so much stuff to think of...

Todays s/c kits come with everything you need canary. Thats one reason they cost so much. Prochargers even come with an intercooler. The install is very easy but time consuming. If you have common sense the piping is the hardest part. You may have to relocate a relay or somthing but it is easy.

thorco3

Reaction score
well, I just checked out your pics in the lounge... the car looks good but I don't know what to think about the white wheels on yellow. I would prolly say have them custom pc'ed with your money or swap to another set of wheels.

OP
OP
CanaryGT

CanaryGT

Reaction score
The white rims look pretty unique on the car. I promise it looks pretty good. Also, If I bought a blower, I am looking for just the stuff without the inj and mass air etc because thats what most used blowers have.....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdude138

Members online

No members online now.