I got 500 Bucks... What should I buy

Discussion in '94-95 5.0 - Specific' started by CanaryGT, Jul 14, 2007.

1. CanaryGT

CanaryGT Well-Known Member

:rollinglaugh:

2. scarface

scarface Guest

8) I was FAST!

3. ripper

ripper Well-Known Member

Ill bet you were. :bunny3:

4. quickstang_1994

quickstang_1994 Well-Known Member

The intake should give you between 15-25.

5. CanaryGT

Will I really see that much with the intake?

6. Paul

Paul Legend

I'd say 8-12 is more realistic.

7. quickstang_1994

I don't think it would be that low. The lower intakes suffocates the engine and on 94-95's so does the upper. I've seen nice pick up with just an intake.

8. Downshift

Downshift Well-Known Member

When I put my intake on it felt like 1 1/2 - 2 times the power or umph whatever as it did when I went from the stock 4 cat mid to an off road x pipe. If you get SFCs you will still have half that money to spend.

9. CanaryGT

5.0wned, do you think the Intake is worth the money then? Also, you didnt go the elbow route, correct? You stuck with the fox body style? How was it going that route? I also want to get my EGR shit outta my area... if that makes a difference or not i dont know.

10. quickstang_1994

The cobra intake I was talking about is a rare 94-95 in great condition. Its a direct replacement. and you may still have money for sfc.

11. Fets

Fets Post Whore

How about a new Server for SN95 Forums?

12. CanaryGT

That one sold for like 360. Any other one you know?

13. Downshift

Downshift Well-Known Member

Yes and no Canary. When I first got it on there it was awesome but like all mods you get used to them so... either way. I wouldnt spend 500 on it. If you are not gonna make the car into a beast I would go ahead and get the cobra intake and some SFCs. That should be around 500. I like doing stuff a little different. I have never liked the elbow look so I went fox style, plus i got a fox TB with the intake so that kinda made me a little biased. You can get the elbow for really cheap at UPR so its really up to how you want it to look. For me all I had to do was buy a fox body style EGR and bend from home depot and I got it to work with my mac cai that was made for the 94-95 just had to turn the top piece around and it fit perfect.

14. Schiffy

Schiffy Well-Known Member

Subframes, and underdrive pulleys you'll still have like $200 to spend. you could use that on rear U/L control arms... get it all from AmericanMuscle.com and it'll ship free :dancing6:

15. tommybunz

tommybunz Active Member

sub frames, pullies, headers that should be about $275 - $300 then go for the intake that should do it

16. CanaryGT

I already I MM LCA, Pullies, Headers ect. 5.0wned, I can see your point on the small stuff and how you get used to it. I do want to go blown in the future of my car but the setup has a lot of things that need to be taken into consideration. I know that I need better suspension modifications, but the car is okay where it is. Also I was thinking that if I do go blown, perhaps a look at my fuel system is in order. I still have a stock MAF and Injectors, fuel pump ect ect. Just so much stuff to think of...

17. thorco3

thorco3 Well-Known Member

man I hear ya... I cruise around with some cobra's, mach's, and heavily modded gt's... but for something like a blower it just seems like there is all the "small" stuff that you have to keep in mind...

I wouldn't mind seeing some pics of your car. I'm guessing by the sn your car is canary yellow, but I don't think I've ever seen pics of it.

as far as the 500 I would go the intake route and maybe start looking into a full HCI swap...

18. ripper

ripper Well-Known Member

Todays s/c kits come with everything you need canary. Thats one reason they cost so much. Prochargers even come with an intercooler. The install is very easy but time consuming. If you have common sense the piping is the hardest part. You may have to relocate a relay or somthing but it is easy.

19. thorco3

thorco3 Well-Known Member

well, I just checked out your pics in the lounge... the car looks good but I don't know what to think about the white wheels on yellow. I would prolly say have them custom pc'ed with your money or swap to another set of wheels.

20. CanaryGT

The white rims look pretty unique on the car. I promise it looks pretty good. Also, If I bought a blower, I am looking for just the stuff without the inj and mass air etc because thats what most used blowers have.....