I have done TOO much research on the Lightnings

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Well I wish I had not been so gun ho about doing homework and research on the Lightning trucks now. I have all but dead sure convinced myself to skip the blower on the Cobra and get a KB for my Lightning. The KB can be had for 2500 bucks for the truck and can give OVER 500rwhp and 600ft lbs of TQ :bunny3: :bunny3: :bunny3: :bunny3: :bunny3: :bunny3: All the while LOWERING air temps coming into the engine. Man I got to tell you the more I look at these trucks the more siked I'm getting. With the KB 11's will be a SNAP 8) I may just finish the pimp stuff on the Cobra ( seats/ new exhaust / hood ) and call it done. And put the KB on my truck......when I get it . :)

OP
OP
Lightning Struck

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Matt94GT said:
wait go back....you got a lightning!?

No ....................not yet :naughty: as soon as I get the house moved and set back up and running Im going lightning shopping :boink: I have wanted one for a lllllllllong time, and now that my house is paid off ( with my dad ) I will be able to buy one finally. I can take a little cash left over from the house move and get the KB :dancing6: and still have some change to put in the bank.

94darkhorse

Legend
Reaction score
Thats awesome! You could also just drop it all in the Cobra and make it a low 10 sec. car lol.

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
DSG is my fav color and so is Sonic Blue. But an ALL blacked out L is very sexyy aswell

uncltrvlnmatt

Post Whore
Reaction score
A Lightning would be sweet. I would love to get one for towing my next drag car. But that is way in the future.

OP
OP
Lightning Struck

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Im thinking either Blue or Black. There is two seperate blue's.......the first one ran until I think like 02, it was a dark blue, then they changed to the Sonic Blue.

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
I'd personally put the KB on the stang but without a doubt the lightning would be sick too. O0

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
whoa brian when the hell did you get a lightning....

OP
OP
Lightning Struck

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
95KBGT said:
whoa brian when the hell did you get a lightning....

Its not in the driveway yet Paul,.......but its on the way ;). Got to get my house moved first and then we go shopping for a L :bunny3: :bunny3:

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
dude that is awesome! im so jealous, yet so psyched for you. If i come to the meet i call first dibs on a ride. You will not regret the KB...We will be the KB HELLIGANS!

There was a nice one on SVTP for i believe 22K its red with some badass wheels, there was also a DSG one for 25K with an amazing stance....go check it out. Both had bad ass wheels on them.

OP
OP
Lightning Struck

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
95KBGT said:
dude that is awesome! im so jealous, yet so psyched for you. If i come to the meet i call first dibs on a ride. You will not regret the KB...We will be the KB HELLIGANS!

There was a nice one on SVTP for i believe 22K its red with some badass wheels, there was also a DSG one for 25K with an amazing stance....go check it out. Both had bad ass wheels on them.

I seen the red one on SVTP your talking about, it has Boyd C's on it. Its a great looking truck but I dont really want red. Im going for Black or Blue. I want a 03 model too since they have the better spark plug threads.....that was a problem on earlier models.

I did a lot of looking on the KB site last night and the 2.3 blower is a direct swap for the stock eaton and will make some CRAZY power. 500rwhp is NOTHING and 600tq is THERE ALL DAY LONG :boink: Damn I cant wait :dancing6: :dancing6: :dancing6:

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
You're going to have to change your name from snakebit to LightningStruck

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I'm jealous man!
That will be shweeet! Go baby GO!

OP
OP
Lightning Struck

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Red96GT said:
You're going to have to change your name from snakebit to LightningStruck

Ill have to come up with some kind of cool name........I think Ill get Jeff to make me a sig with my Cobra and the L 8)

ryclef331

Reaction score
I am not trying to burst your bubble man BUT you strap a kenne belle on that STOCK bottom end...and try to push 500rwhp outta it, you're going to be picking up pistons on the highway. I'd put money on it....

Yes, it lowers intake temps which even at the SAME boost settings as a stock blower will make more power compared to the Eaton BUT the stock rods can't handle very much POWER. The boost levels maybe the same but the force exerted down on that piece of shit rod that ford graced us with will snap it in a short amount of time.

Something to think about.

S

scarface

L's are cool, but the big question is...How do you move a house ???

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online