I have some great news!

CanaryGT

Reaction score
So I noticed some shimmy in my steering wheel and I brought it in to a shop because I couldn't see anything. Well it turns out that I have small flat marks on my front tires (from locking them after my ABS failed). Well I thought that was the bad part... I also have an oil leak.... except its on the rear main seal and the oil pan seal... So i found that they want to charge me 1000 bucks to fix it... I'm a little bitter and I think Ill just do it myself. I do have one question though, It is a VERY small leak and it started after i put in my Synthetic oil. Do you think I might be able to stop the leak by going back to regular oil??? Thanks!

SvtBlack95

Reaction score
once a car starts to leak oil its always gonna leak unless you fix it goin back to normal oil isnt gonna do nothin i would just fix it and then you will be oil leak free :thumb:

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
I thought you was going to say you saved money on car insurance :dancing6: :dancing6:

d_punch

Reaction score
it isn't easy to change out an oil pan gasket on our cars. it take a while to do, it's not like you just unbolt the oil pan and it just falls out . have you taken a good look at the bottom of our cars?

i seen the guy do it on my car and i would charge what he charge me to do it. it takes a lot of time to do, and it just a PITA to do. but i was charge around 400 not 1000. look else where

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
Snakebit said:
I thought you was going to say you saved money on car insurance :dancing6: :dancing6:
:rollinglaugh: +1 fix it man, there is no motor oil that will stop it from leaking.

<---works for a Lube center.

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
d_punch said:
it isn't easy to change out an oil pan gasket on our cars. it take a while to do, it's not like you just unbolt the oil pan and it just falls out . have you taken a good look at the bottom of our cars?

i seen the guy do it on my car and i would charge what he charge me to do it. it takes a lot of time to do, and it just a PITA to do. but i was charge around 400 not 1000. look else where

Yeah they had to pull my motor out slightly to do mine, it was done because my mechanic broke the dipstick off in the pan.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Matt94GT said:
d_punch said:

Yeah they had to pull my motor out slightly to do mine, it was done because my mechanic broke the dipstick off in the pan.

ouch, bet he was a little pissed at himself for that, all that labor time came out of HIS pocket Im guessing............right?

OP
OP
CanaryGT

CanaryGT

Reaction score
I'm just sad. Because I have to lift my engine... and I don't have the resources right now. :lame: :rant:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online