I just cannot win with these damn headlights...what should I do?

Stopsign32v

Reaction score
:rant: :rant: This is the second set of headlights I've had where the corner lights are getting water in them!!! The first set I got rid of and now I have the diamond clear corner lights from 50resto. As soon as I got them I sealed the shit out of the seal they already had with clear silicone. One doesn't get water in it but the other is. God almighty this is pissing me off!!!! What should I do? Take it off, blowdry it out and seal it again or should I send it back? :nonono:

Oh, and the bad part is that one didn't leak until I washed the car and used a high pressure hose. ???

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
this is funny my wife is having the same problem with her RX-8 only hers is her right rear tail light :nonono: :nonono: It has been to the Mazda service dept 4 times over the last 10 months, and every time they install a new light........a few months later it has water in it again :mad: :mad:

They are sealed units so no body can say why it keeps happening :dunno: :dunno: she has extended warranty for 4 years so we will keep getting it fixed until a answer is found. In your case call them and tell them what happend, I would think they would be responsible for covering that under warranty :)

S

scarface

Drill two little holes in the bottom of the lights....water will drain out.

94gtstang50

Reaction score
scarface said:

I had to do that to my rolla's tail lights. Otherwise the "taillight fluid" level kept getting too high and burning out the bulbs.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
scarface said:

that's true, but then you are not fixing the problem. You will still have CONDENSATION inside the cover, :(

OP
OP
S

Stopsign32v

Reaction score
Snakebit said:
scarface said:

that's true, but then you are not fixing the problem. You will still have CONDENSATION inside the cover, :(

+1...I'm not getting standing water in there just condensation.

OP
OP
S

Stopsign32v

Reaction score
I don't understand why it didn't leak before. I had the sidemarker on for a day of COMPLETE rain and the next morning it was clear as can be after I wiped the water off of the front of it. NO moister was inside. Now right after I wash it it gets condensation on the inside of it everytime it gets wet outside. :help2: The only thing I can think of is the high pressure from the hose made a break in the seal. But how did spraying water on the outside of the light break the siliconed seal on the back side of the light? :gtfo:

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
you can send them to me.... :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: seriously...

OP
OP
S

Stopsign32v

Reaction score
Ok, give me the address to send them to so I can box them up and ship them out to you tomorrow.

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
My buddy had this problem, he removed them and drilled 2 small holes in the bottom where you cant see, it worked well for getting rid of the fogging. In the morning they might of had a bit but as soon as the lights were on and warmed up it went away or if it was daytime.

94gtstang50

Reaction score
yea, mine do this on both my cars, i gave up on trying to fiqure out how to fix it.

OP
OP
S

Stopsign32v

Reaction score
19mustang95 said:
:-[ pwned... :slap:

I got some clear/smoked ones that I will sell to you for a steal. The only thing is one of the corner lights is missing a lense. Make me an offer if you want them.

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
Stopsign32v said:
19mustang95 said:
:-[ pwned... :slap:

I got some clear/smoked ones that I will sell to you for a steal. The only thing is one of the corner lights is missing a lense. Make me an offer if you want them.

pics?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Staff online

Members online