I need a new plan for the car - Please help!

yellowgt

Reaction score
Ok guys,

I need all your input on this so as much info as you can provide will a great deal of help.

In the next year in a half I am going to have around $15,000 (Canadian) to play with and I would like some input as to which route I should go with the car.

My current mods are - BBK CAI, Pro-M 75mm MAF, Professional Products 70mm TB, Polished Cobra upper/lower intake, March underdrives, MAC unequal shorties, MAC catted h, Flowmaster 2 chamber catback, MAC upper/lower control arms, Eibach drag launch kit, King Cobra clutch with PRO 5.0 shifter, 3:73 gears.

Which route do you guys think I should go???

I've been thinking of going a turbo route but with my limited funds I don't think they will cut it.

I've also been thinking about buying a DART or DSS block 331 stroker with all forged internals and going the blower route.

So what do ya think??

Any/All other ideas are more than welcome.

Thanks,
Chris.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
There are alot of options and opinions here.

For funding you will have to decide how much power you want.
your stock engine can take 400-500 HP. considering you have a good tune, and it isn't worn out.
If you're happy with that, throw on a blower, and upgrade the suspension for better handeling.
I can go into lengths about suspension, so ask me if you want info there.

If you want more than that, I'd agree with you on the turbo.
I personally think turbo is the most efficient, and you get the most for your money from it.

Not sure on the canadian $ conversion, but I would go with a forged up engine and
add a cam if you can afford it.

I've looked at most of the options, and think Turbohorsepower makes the best kits, best for money, best delivery, best design.
I could go on about this.........

The 302 put's out monster torque when turbo'd - They're single kit is priced very reasonalby. considerably less than the twin kit i'll be getting from them shortly for the modular.

http://www.turbohorsepower.com/kits.html

I'd also recommend you call and talk with Jim there, he is awsome, and can answer your quesions with experience, and give you some hard pricing.

After that your big problem will be traction, but that's one of those cool problems to have.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Spyder was talking with Jim about his 95 a while ago, and he said you can run the kit at low boost, with a smaller housing on the stock internals.

Then when you forge up the motor, swap the housing, and pulley, everything else stays - and up the power baby. Pretty nice option.
I'll ask him to expound in here for ya.

Spyder

Reaction score
Yeah, like Dalamar said, you should decide how much power you really want before you start buying stuff. if your looking to stay under 500hp, i would suggest either a vortec or a novi. They are both good superchargers, and they are fairly inexpensive as far as supposting mods. If you want more than that, then your dart or dss 331 is the route to go. Only problem there is once you fork over the cash for either one of those you may be limited as to what power adder to go with. I did talk to Jim Napier over at turbo horse power, and he said they can set up the turbo kit for you stock bottom end, and still have the ability to upgrade when you get the dart or dss. Turbo is the route im leaning towards, but thats just me. But first and formost, decide what power level you want to be at, then go from there. Hope that helps a little.

OP
OP
Y

yellowgt

Reaction score
Thanks for the input guys.

To be honest I would like to have around 600rwhp, I think that would be enough to pretty much beat anyother car that lives near me.. :dancing6:

That's why I was thinking of an aftermarket block because I know the stock one won't hold that much power.

Spyder

Reaction score
Yeah, dont get me wrong, there are plenty of guys running close to 600 hp on the stock block with forged internals, but not too many of them last. Thats one of the reasons im not too keen on the dss blocks, most of them are strengthened sotck blocks, which kinda scares me. They do make nice short blocks, and they can hold a good deal of power, but im my opinion why not run a block that is built to hold a shit load of power. Im either gonna go with a r302 or dart block. The only issue with these blocks that i can find is that you need to make sure you cooling system is up to par, becuase they have no water jackets between the cyclinder walls (thicker main webbs= stout block) they tend to run hotter. its worth it to me though. Well, hope that helps a little.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online