I need help bad!!!

mrspeedy69

Reaction score
Hey guys i need your help bad. Tonight when i left school i pulled out of the parking lot and got on my car a little well when i went to shift to 2nd it was like i had missed it which isn't like me. Then i noticed that it wouldn't go into second at all so i put it in 3rd. Well i got down the road and noticed that when i put it in neutral it was actually still in first and when driving i couldn't shift to any other gears all i had was first. There is tons of play when you act like ur putting it in 1st or 2nd.

When i'm stopped i can put it in 3rd 4th and 5th but not reverse, and again it's always in 1st. I'm think the worst that the tranny is just shot...but do you all think it could just be linkage bad or something? I'm gonna try and look tomorrow but i need your guys help. The tranny never grinded before and always shifted fine for me, the car does have 155,xxx miles on it tho. And if it might be the tranny does anybody know where i can get a cheap one or know anybody that has one for sale, i'm rather short on money at the moment... :(

OP
OP
M

mrspeedy69

Reaction score
I'm not really sure, i don't know that much about the tranny's. Is there anyway i can try to inspect that kinda stuff without having to take it to some one or anything?

skmcobra

Reaction score
Maybe the clutch not actually engaging and letting it out of gear? I would think that if it was your tranny, you would have been experiencing more trouble up to now.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
mrspeedy69 said:
I'm not really sure, i don't know that much about the tranny's. Is there anyway i can try to inspect that kinda stuff without having to take it to some one or anything?

I dont really think so, it needs to be looked IN to see what the deal is. You May be able to take the shifter out and see something but im not sure :dunno:

OP
OP
M

mrspeedy69

Reaction score
If the tranny was bad would it still pull in first? I mean first gear seems fine it pulls just like it always had and stuff. And when i'm stopped the only reason i know it'll go into the other gears is cause when i take off it just bogs down, i can smell the clutch burning when i do that too.

I would think that if the tranny was bad i would of been having problems befor this too.

OP
OP
M

mrspeedy69

Reaction score
Does anybody know of someone that has a t-45 tranny forsale? I guess i'm just either gonna have to have it rebuilt or buy another one.

OP
OP
M

mrspeedy69

Reaction score
Ok i've heard a few dif things so i was wondering what you all thought. Is a 3650 tranny stronger or better than a T-45? I've heard that they were, then i've also heard that they were crap so i'm just curious?

L

LR98Snake

Sounds to me like you are having some issue's with the the shift fork. You could look for a t45 that came from an early 98 cobra. They are suppost to be strengthen compared to the 96-97 cobra's. I would go to mpssalvage.com and see if they can help you out. A bunch of really great guys. Good luck.http://mpssalvage.com/products/list.cfm?TypeID=3 Here's a link with prices to the website. Seems that the 3650 is only $50 more than a t45. Do some research or look into a rebuild kit. Let me look in some of my books for rebuild kits.

check with ddperformance.com seems they have the stuff you need.

S

scarface

mine did the same thing, it was a broken shift fork. I run a t-45 out of a 99 cobra now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online