i need help i just put a c4 into my car

95stang5.o

Reaction score
i just put a c4 into my the c4 is out of a 69 mustang with a tci vavlebody and brake but know when im driving it wants to sputter at like 4000 rpms and contuies up to 4600 rpms and will do it in 3 gear normally driving around 2500 i have replaced the o2 sensors i have changed the fuel flter and i have done a tune up on it does any one know if i will need a 5 speed computer cuz im thinking is that since it was a aode car and it has a c4 in and i have to shift mannely that the computer thinks that there some wrong with the trans funtions i need some please tell me what to do next

OP
OP

95stang5.o

Reaction score
when i get the 5 speed ecu will it make it better cuz some one told me that the auot vs 5 speed ecu r the fro trans mission funtions i dk how that works but i think they were just bullshitting me

Stangbangin

Reaction score
I would think (not sure) that the auto ecu controls the shifting in the transmission whereas the 5 sp ecu has nothing to do with transmission since its done manually. thus using a c4 which you would shift manually would need a 5sp ecu to compensate

OP
OP

95stang5.o

Reaction score
thanks for the advice i cant seem to find a 5 spd somputer any were though ive looked at every junkyard by me and ask all my buddy that have extra parts but it seems like no has one

ryclef331

Reaction score
With an AODE, the tranny and the motor have to talk to eachother. WHen you take the tranny out of the picture, the ecu doesn't know wtf is going on so it doesn't know what to tell the engine.

Now a C4 is completely controlled by a vaccum signal to the tranny. The 5speed ECU doesn't talk to the tranny at all. It NEVER knows what gear you're in and it doesn't care. THAT is why you need a 5 speed ECU. I'd check stangparts.com for ecus.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online