I need help

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Hey everyone. Good news....

I got married about two weeks ago (yay!) so now I can dump my money into something life-changing.........

Anyways I have a bar-stool that I'd like to get some horsepower into and my T45 is toast.

That being said..... What do I need to get a T56 into my 96? Im remembering a cross-over and a mount? Does the t56 have a mount - or did they stop those in after the T5?

Also, what size flywheel does a T56 take?

thanks,
McFail

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Marriage is great! Someone will always have your back. Congratulations!!!!

Good T56 question. Im interested as well.

chris91

Reaction score
All that's needed is the Trans, Bell Housing, Driveshaft (I have one if you need one $200), you can retain your Flywheel and clutch unless you go with a 28 Spline input shaft on the t56 (highly suggest with high hp) obviously, crossmember, and then the wiring harness. Should be everything. I'll probably be going to same route on the new car once the GT sells.

You need to wire up the reverse lockout also but there are tons of writeups on it.

OP
OP
MustangChris

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
All that's needed is the Trans, Bell Housing, Driveshaft (I have one if you need one $200), you can retain your Flywheel and clutch unless you go with a 28 Spline input shaft on the t56 (highly suggest with high hp) obviously, crossmember, and then the wiring harness. Should be everything. I'll probably be going to same route on the new car once the GT sells.

You need to wire up the reverse lockout also but there are tons of writeups on it.

Thanksguys!

Chris, whats that driveshaft made out of? Will it bolt up to a SRA fine?

chris91

Reaction score
Thanksguys!

Chris, whats that driveshaft made out of? Will it bolt up to a SRA fine?

It's the aluminum driveshaft from a 03-04 Cobra. You'd need the hybrid u joint or the irs pinion flange. I actually have both. I'd include one or the other for an additional $20.

OP
OP
MustangChris

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
It's the aluminum driveshaft from a 03-04 Cobra. You'd need the hybrid u joint or the irs pinion flange. I actually have both. I'd include one or the other for an additional $20.

dafaqu is a hybrid u joint?

OP
OP
MustangChris

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Two different sizes instead of all the same. It allows you to bolt up the Cobra Driveshaft to an SRA. Or vice versa. I bought it when I was going to IRS swap my GT.
Which one is easier to find it i need to replace it?

chris91

Reaction score
Both are easy to find. The easiest to replace is the ujoint though. Hell, buy the driveshaft from me and I'll throw in the ujoint. LoL

chris91

Reaction score
Someone just bought it off Facebook. Sorry bud! Join the cobra groups on FB. There are always one or two up for sale.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online