I need input on a "rebuilt" title sn95

At1Maverick

Reaction score
I was given an automatic 95 GT by a friend's neighbor that was moving out of the state. So, after fixing some stuff already, I still have quite a bit to take care of, oil leaks from the intake and valve covers, a badly dented trans pan, very slight damage on both quarter panels, needs a paint job due to peeling, A/C compressor needs to be replaced and a cracked passenger side strut tower. Most of the mechanical stuff I can fix myself, body and paint will have to be done by someone else.

So with those things going on, would you guys put money and mod the vehicle knowing that it has a salvaged title too? From what it looks like, and what the lady told me, it was in a collision, airbags deployed. I was thinking HCI and maybe a centrifugal s/c in the future. Of course suspension and brake mods as well, if anything, cobra hood and front bumper or just a mach1 chin spoiler. and most likely a manual trans swap of sorts, maybe 6 speed.

Another option i was think about was just buying another SN 5.0, but then, i'd have less for mods. the plan is to spend as little as possible on the vehicle and more on the mods. I'd like to think that vehicle would be used for some spirited driving, some autocross, and maybe some out of state cruises too.

I'd appreciate any input from you guys, thanks in advance!

chris91

Reaction score
You say cracked strut tower. How are the frame rails? If they are rusted up Id cut your losses and try to find a good rolling chassis to swap your drivetrain over. If you plan on keeping it and never selling then yeah, Id say mod it and enjoy it as long as it has good frame rails.

RichV

Reaction score
Is it straight? The cracked tower would also be a concern. And rust as Chris stated.

OP
OP
At1Maverick

At1Maverick

Reaction score
There's no rust, and the shock tower cracks are repairable, I've went to a few body shop and I've gotten quotes from $200 to fix and reinforce the towers on both sides, although only the right side shows the stress crack. But before that's done I asked to have the whole car checked for straightness. The only thing I really see that out of shape is the passenger side spindle, so far.

OP
OP
At1Maverick

At1Maverick

Reaction score
And yes, not planning on making money off it, just have as much fun with it as possible and as safely as possible

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rvseverson

Members online