Kenne Bell 1.5L Supercharger at 11PSI
CAI (Fenderwell)
Autolite 24 Plugs
Ford Racing Plug Wires
Short Throw
Mac Exhaust and tips (Stock H back)
3.73's
245/45/17s (BFG G/Force)

I Was Dynoed and Tuned w/ a bad Belt and Tensioner, 87 Degrees out making only 9LBS of boost 297HP and 374TQ.

NOW i replaced the belt and tensioner, im looking at 10.5 PSI. (SHould be 15+HP)

One of my friends joe has a hopped up GTP running well here are some of his times:

R/T -- .575
60ft -- 1.98
330ft -- 5.56
1/8 -- 8.60
MPH -- 81.02

R/T -- .506
60ft -- 2.00
330ft -- 5.59
1/8 -- 8.62
MPH -- 82.93

1.89 60'
8.57 1/8 mile
79.63 Mph
13.36 1/4 mile
100.87 mph

So My question is Do you think i can beat him? What do you think im running in the 1/4 and 1/8? SHould i go get some M/T DR's? how will i improve. I just dont want to waste the gas really, and i want to know what im up against.

577466217_l.jpg

rgs

Reaction score
that will be a REALLY close race.

jimgt95

Reaction score
I think you can definitely hand him his ass. I would bet you are in the mid-high 12's in the 1/4. Of course it all depends on driver skill, so practice your launches. Make sure you lower your rear tire pressure to about 18 psi when you race. The only way to find out is to just do it!

What kind of mods does he have done to that GTP? I've personally never thought those were all that fast.... :dunno:

OP
OP

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/638671

i love the internet. haha.

We are racing for bragging rights to 2nd in our car club. if i had slicks i could prob dump the clutch around 3K and leave him, but i can normally not get traction thru 2nd with these tires!

jimgt95

Reaction score
Hmmmm, his site says 233hp/314ftlb at the wheels. That's more than I would have guessed. I still think if you practice launching and drive it good, you can beat him. From the looks of his site, he has some track experience. And he has definitely sank some cash into his Grand Prickx. :lol: This will probably be a drivers race. Let us know how you do.

94gtstang50

Reaction score
His car is ugly imo. Tell him to go race a SHO, thats in his style league and class.

OP
OP

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
jimgt95 said:
Hmmmm, his site says 233hp/314ftlb at the wheels. That's more than I would have guessed. I still think if you practice launching and drive it good, you can beat him. From the looks of his site, he has some track experience. And he has definitely sank some cash into his Grand Prickx. :lol: This will probably be a drivers race. Let us know how you do.
ARGH i hate those cause i get ansy at the line and just go. He wont race me on the street (he knows better i will take it to 120) just the track and i REFUSE to race at the track without a big set of DR's. you really think im good for a mid 12 second pass? what about the 8th

jimgt95

Reaction score
I think that if you hook up, you will be good for a sub-13.000 run. I think you might pull off a mid 12 if you have good weather and driving technique (shifting at the power peak, not losing traction in 2nd, etc.) Maybe less than 8.000 in the 1/8th. I'm just guessing.

I wouldn't buy DRs unless you plan on using them. That money could be put into other more permanent mods (heads, headers, x-pipe).

OP
OP

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
well what would you suggest for a decent price tire that will hook up? what size ive heard great things about M/T DR's but its been raining in dallas like everyday out of the blue!

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
yah man if u get traction, good traction you can take him id say, even some wide BFG KD's hook up well and there even OK in the rain. also if u dont have them LCAs would help.

OP
OP

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
ok you cant use appreviations around me...im a newb :dancing6: what did all that mean?

Julian Moore

Reaction score
When I was running, N/A, I made 276 rwhp and I ran 13.0's all day long at 107. So your making 300 rwhp..with a set of tires you should be right there. I suggest Nitto drag radials, they are a great track tire, just heat the crap out of them, they are fine in the rain and last about 12K if you don't beat the crap out of them. I am suprised you are making that much boost with a 1.5 KB?? That's amazing. You need to do your heads to appreciate the car and find a ton mor epopwer. Good luck on your race.

OP
OP

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
thanks again guys well i never have raced with DR's any suggestions on what to launch at. Im trying to juggle INjectors and tune and FR500's? Or Heads and tune..

Julian Moore

Reaction score
Depending on your rear....4500rpm. If you have a stock rear and tranny, start out at 3K.

I misssed your question...HEADS & TUNE!!! Screw the wheels...make the power!

jimgt95

Reaction score
I agree with the heads and tune over the appearance items. I have a conservative tune and I am only pushing just over 7lb of boost through my combo (see signature).

I still think that you can take him the way your car sits today. Practice those launches on a lonely stretch of road. Vary the rpm until you find a spot where you can take off with minimal tire spin. The track will be stickier at the starting line than any road you practice on.

OP
OP

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
thanks for the help guys unfortunatley heads have to wait. Im going to drop quiet a few bucks for my lil brothrs graduation gift. do yall think i will see more HP and TQ with 42lbs injectors and a tune. cause i think thats all i can do as of now..maybe later some heads..but those afr ones are EXSPENSIVE. i wish i knew another way...or a different brand head.

Julian Moore

Reaction score
I run Edelbrock heads, and I know a lot of people who do so also. They make great power, and you could easily find a used pair at a great price.

yellowgt

Reaction score
If he's saying on his website that he's putting down 233/314 and your putting down pretty much 297/374

I don't know why you guys are saying this should be a drivers race... :dunno:

IMO With your higher numbers and his track experience you should still take him by a car at least.

Plus his car is heavy, you will have a weight advantage as well.

If I'm wrong here guys please correct me.

Z28 This

Reaction score
jimgt95 said:
I think you can definitely hand him his ass. I would bet you are in the mid-high 12's in the 1/4. Of course it all depends on driver skill, so practice your launches. Make sure you lower your rear tire pressure to about 18 psi when you race. The only way to find out is to just do it!

What kind of mods does he have done to that GTP? I've personally never thought those were all that fast.... :dunno:

NO WAY in hell mid 12s with street tires with the weight of a sn95....he wouldnt hook for shit....and sn95 are heavy as hell...with it hookng and him driving the piss shit out of it it could hit 12s...its all traction and weight to power ratio and deff driver

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online