I need to go back to work

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
Well i have been thinking of what i want to do my my car this fall/winter. Now i have only had her for a few months but i had a feeling this was going to happen lol. I have been thinking of h/c/i, stroker or supercharger. Well i have this week off so of course i spent most of the day today looking into my options a little more. I was thinking of doing a h/c/i and also stroking it or putting a supercharger on it. now this is on my daily driver (except during the winter)95 gt w/ 90k (actually i am pretty sure that the motor has at least been rebuilt fairly recently as the dealer said he that there was 5k in the motor which i believe is bs (the amount of money that is) and they didnt find out what they said they would but thats another story). I also need to do some tranny work as 2nd gear grinds when you rev it higher (debating on rebuild kit or g force gears + rebuild kit as i figure with more power just more tranny problems). I am also planning on trying to tune it myself as i live in the middle of south dakota and there isnt much around for good tuning/dyno shops. I think i am going to go with afm pms also will pry get wide band 02 and datalog software maybe. I know i need to get an aftermarket ignition box with it also as people have had problems w/o it. So i am stuck in between a rock and a hard place on what i should do. I will almost guarantee that i will do an h/c/i (maybe tfs track heat kit) and then maybe add the stroker/blower at the same time. I am leaning towards staying n/a as a blower isnt too sneaky and i like to be a little sneaky. I know that the supercharger would probably get me a little more power vs h/c/i but that isnt too big of a deal. I am going to get in touch with someone about the price building me a stroker shortblock or maybe even just having him put it all together. If i stroke it i think i will go w/ a 347 and am not too worried about going all out on it as it will never see any power adder. I am checking classifieds/ebay daily and looking for good deals on anything i am thinking of doing (pms,h/c/i,supercharger,shortblocks/rotating assemblys). Well what do you guys think as most of you have been in a similar situation as me? Right now i am leaning towards a 347 h/c/i (depending on the cost of the stroker honestly). I know that i am going to need the supporting mods no matter what i do (injectors,maf,tune etc). I am going to be saving up just over 1k a month to put towards the motor. I am going to be pinching pennies for the next few months. Well actually i am getting a new cd player for the stang plus 2 new speakers than some decent gauges and new tinted tails as mine are cracked. i will not drive it this winter so i may do most of the work then although the sooner the better, but if i wait longer just more money to put in it right? lol Well that turned out to be EXTREMELY LONG. hopefully you guys can decipher it enough to get an idea of what i am talking about. My brain is fried from all that thinking/debating.

OP
OP
M

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
well i got in touch with rick @ rnh. Looks like this winter i will have a new 347 h/c/i. i dunno what i am gonna do with all that extra power though but ill manage. I cant wait but i have to as of right now i am fairly low on cash but i figure in the next 4-5 months ill have enough cash for the motor. Now i just got to upgrade injectors, maf, rebuild t5 (gforce gears),get an afm pms and learn how to use it... Then ill be tearing up the streets :banana: . might sell some parts that i dont need to help out a bit once i get the new motor in.

OP
OP
M

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
this is in the ballpark of what i will end up with... still ironing out details which i am not in a major hurry cuz i dont have the money that this is gonna cost me right now lol

Probe SRS series pistons (Dish or Flat Top, Inline or Twisted Wedge)

SCAT forged 4340 steel I-beams, ARP 8740 Cap Screws or Probe 4340 I-beams, ARP Wave locs

Plasma Moly rings (File to Fit for application) (Total Seal, Perfect Circle, etc)

Bearings Main, and Connecting Rod (Clevite 77 or Federal Mogul)

SCAT Series 9000 Crank or Eagle cast steel crank (polished journals, fully checked and inspected)

Competition Balance Job

Fully Machined and prepped block (Hot Tanking, Magna-fluxing, Finish Hone, Brass Freeze plugs, Oil galley plugs, Cam Bearings, New head and timing cover dowels, new key way for crank, Painted Color of Choice) Modified oil passages for better flow, blue printed and de-stressed.

ARP Main Bolts

Professionally Assembled, Degree Camshaft, Build Sheets with all tolerances noted

Thinking of going with a tfs track heat kit w/ custom fti cam possibly... still up in the air

97GTS

Reaction score
i need to win the lottery so i can buy a Ford GT :laugh:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdude138

Members online