I need your opinion

LAZER_RED

Reaction score
So I am picking up a 98 cobra with out an engine and trans for almost nothing. It has a subframe connectors, 373 gears 31 spline axles, and a decent suspension. The front seats are gone and a few odds and ends. I initially was going to part it out and use all of the good cobra items for my 95 gt. Then sell the rest including the rolling chassis. It has a clean title and keys. The kicker is it will cost me $400. It is in decent shape but not perfect. After sitting on it i am having trouble ripping a cobra apart and not saving it. What do y'all think? I would like to do a coyote swap in it, but may have to just find a stock 4v to get me by. I cant make up my mind and I know y'all will be bias, but looking for some good info/help.

Thanks
Kris

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
All depends on your availability of funds! I'd say coyote-swap it but I'm not the one that'll be paying for it

OP
OP
L

LAZER_RED

Reaction score
Yeah that's the goal but funds will be tight. I will now have two mustangs that I will be working on. That's why I was going to just part it. If I keep it though it will prob go back to stock for now.

OP
OP
L

LAZER_RED

Reaction score
Thats what I will be doing, I will be swapping my aode out for a t5. I have all of the stuff except the rear main seal and resurfacing the fly wheel. I will be taking my time on the cobra and then sell the 95.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
With it already missing everything, and for that price with a clean title, I would be looking into Coyote stuff for sure.

OP
OP
L

LAZER_RED

Reaction score
We will see what happens once it is in my possession. Right now I am going to get it home and cleaned it up. Then make a list of things that will need to be done. At that point I will choose my direction. Coyote engines out of f150s are pretty cheap. I will just have to price everything and go from there.

OP
OP
L

LAZER_RED

Reaction score
What do you think is a good trans for the coyote swap, 3650, t56, tko series??

OP
OP
L

LAZER_RED

Reaction score
The LS series engines are great engines but they belong in a GM not a quality Ford product.

Lol

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
For that matter, building mod motors has become much less expensive, and honestly LS motors are not all that cheap.

If I were doing a coyote swap today, no question I would use a T56.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online