i ran a 13.02 @ 106MPH in the 1/4 im pissed

Z28 This

Reaction score
MeanGrn Gt said:
Snakebit said:
MeanGrn Gt said:
he better be granny shifting it or they will be pullilng out that t5 for a rebuild soon ;D. If i was you paul id get a set of heads and some lca's if you aint hooking

if he isint very good at it then hell yea,........im fairly speedy on the shifts, i always powershift at the track.

powershifting a t5 isnt a good idea. 3rd gear will go bye bye pretty easily. If your decent with the manual tranny you can shift pretty quick without doing a true powershift and not lose much time. I wouldnt dare powershift a stock t5.

the tremec 3550 is same thing as the tko 500 and 600 i believe which means you will need everything for the tranny swap (crossmember, driveshaft, bellhousing etc.). astro performance makes there own stronger version of the t5 called the super t5 i think. It is similar to the g force t5 but it is supposed to be a little better. Id stick that in as its a direct bolt in and no extra costs of swap parts. I was planning on putting one in as my t5 grinds a little but money is to tight to allow me to buy a new tranny so ill pry just rebuild the stock t5 :-[

i found that out the hard way that 3rd doesnt hold up good at the track if you barly use the clutch :(

OP
OP

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
Thanks guys, thanks craig, i have 3.73 gears in the rear. i have stock Upper and lower control arms and i just cannot plant the ass end, i did well from 3K but 4K nothing but spinning. what exactly is the 2.95 gear set? is that seperate from the rebuild kit? im kinda confused on that, but if i did it like this, i wouldnt have to buy anything else and it should hold alot of power right?

OP
OP

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
i just checked out their site or what i think is their site and i didnt find anything

phil_the_thrill

Reaction score
aww shit i think you have to be a subscriber to see the whole thing. most of their articles dont though

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Hellion94 said:
I've heard and seen several cars with heads, intake and cam packages, and 3.73's - 4.10's that are making 5-20 hp less than your car run 12.80's- 12.60's. It's totally possible. however, you REALLY need to keep in mind that you have a roots blower on your car, which means that you have instantaneous torque at your command. 390ft.

very true, i expect quite a bit more from Pauls car there is 94-95 GTs around here that run 8.7-8.9's in the eighth with nothing more than partial exhaust / gears / and good weather. Not to mention the fact that the 4 valve Cobras like mine run mid 12's all day long with just over 300rwhp and a HELL OF A LOT LESS tq.

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
hmm i just checked astros site and they must have changed everything recently.

This must be what they used to called the super t5 http://www.astroperformance.com/product_info.php/manufacturers_id/29/products_id/209 rated for 550hp/425 tq for 1600 and then they also have the one that is rated for 650hp for 1900. You can get the gear kit for 1k to rebuild your stock t5. Other places to look @ trannies are hanlon and d&d performance.

When they talk about the 2.95 gear set that is the 1st gear. Other t5s are like a 3.35 1st i think.

If you want to swap in a tremec 3550 you need ds spacer, bellhousing, clutch fork, and a new yoke. The 3550 wont hold as much power (somewhere around 350 hp i think) as the tko 500/600 or if you went with the upgraded t5 from astro. If you can id just get the "a-five" from astro and stick that in. pry cheaper than swapping in a 3550 and it will hold more power. Just get in touch with astro they can help ya out. I think there is a rep over @ corral. I know some people have complained of vibrations after swapping trannies but i imagine if done right you can get rid of them but then again why risk having to chase vib problems when you could just stick in a stronger t5

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
don't get discouraged man.. itll all come together. you put to much time and effort into your car for it not too... if that trannies going out, get it rebuilt which is what it looks like your doing. and you cooled your supercharger off for a while so i dont think heatsoaks an issue. i agree with everyone else, i think your just spinning the thing. get the tranny rebuilt, get some control arms, and maybe some slicks and you should get into the 12's... and i'd say do a h/c/i swap if you can afford it. I've heard good things from AFR's heads and Twisted Wedge heads from TFS.. a custom blower cam (i heard the e303 cam is not a good cam to run? maybe that was on a particular motor though.. i forget.) possibly and the only intake i know of that is pretty good is a gt40 intake.. this is stuff that I used to want when i almost got a 5oh.

get that tranny rebuilt first though if you decide to run slicks. O0 O0

dont worry man, itll happen for you.

Hellion94

Reaction score
95KBGT said:
Thanks guys, thanks craig, i have 3.73 gears in the rear. i have stock Upper and lower control arms and i just cannot plant the ass end, i did well from 3K but 4K nothing but spinning. what exactly is the 2.95 gear set? is that seperate from the rebuild kit? im kinda confused on that, but if i did it like this, i wouldnt have to buy anything else and it should hold alot of power right?

Basically, the first gear ratio in your stock t-5 is 3.05:1, which is pretty steep.

What the 2.95 gearset is, is a gearset that is spaced (ratio wise) the same as a stock t-5, but it is based off of a 2.95:1 first gear ratio. This lowers the first gear ratio enough to:

A. Make the shock less intense on first gear hits, saving input shafts

B. gives you more first gear, but not in the same sense that a stock t-5 and 3.08 gears would, just a small difference in amount of gear in first. It helps.

this gear set is also made of a stronger, treated alloy to prevent breakage.

Yes the gearset and rebuild are seperate, but all totalled, I think it's around 500 bucks.

Try looking them up in a muscle mustangs magazine, or 5.0. They are the company owned by Donnie Walsh Jr., The NMRA Pro 5.0 racer.

If you can't find any info on them, look up Hanlon Motorsports, or check out G-force racing transmissions, they have some good stuff too.

OP
OP

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
thanks craig, i think this is the route i will be going if i can afford it, i may have HPP install it however. i wouldnt mind those kevilar syncros :boink:

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
Just food for thought . . . my car picked up nearly a half second when I put in the C4.

OP
OP

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
TRUUBLE said:
Just food for thought . . . my car picked up nearly a half second when I put in the C4.
hey tad, what all is involved when converting in a C4? is it good for daily driving?

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
95KBGT said:
TRUUBLE said:
hey tad, what all is involved when converting in a C4? is it good for daily driving?

It's not TOO bad of a swap . . . but you have to move the crossmember, replace it with a Fox crossmember, and lengthen the driveshaft.

It's good for daily driving if you don't care about having overdrive and you keep the stall down to a dull roar. If you drive a lot of freeway miles, it's not for you. But, if you like rippin up the asphalt around town . . it's a blast.

S

scarface

just do like me when you get frustrated with your car....sell that bitch.

OP
OP

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
scarface said:
if i sold my car i wouldnt be able to get anything remotley as nice/fast/reliable for the money

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
95KBGT said:
scarface said:
if i sold my car i wouldnt be able to get anything remotley as nice/fast/reliable for the money

hey NEVER say never,..........you just have to look ^-^

S

scarface

I may have lost some HP on my swap, but I think I will be happy with my new edge 4v :)

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
scarface said:
I may have lost some HP on my swap, but I think I will be happy with my new edge 4v :)

I know you will, have you ever had a ride in a centi blown 4 valve :eek:uttahere: :eek:uttahere: :eek:uttahere:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online

No members online now.