i ran a 13.02 @ 106MPH in the 1/4 im pissed

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
Ya i was suprised this thread didnt say anywhere in it where paul wanted to sell his car lol. Maybe he learned that you dont sell it you just put more $$ to make it faster. ;D Get MM LCA's for hooking and afr/tw etc heads for more POWA. 8)

OP
OP

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
nah im so close to having my dream car id lose alot

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
95KBGT said:
nah im so close to having my dream car id lose alot

I would tough it out with your car Paul,..........get some rear end work, a set of heads and that bitch will MOTHA FUCKIN FLY

S

scarface

Snakebit said:
scarface said:
I may have lost some HP on my swap, but I think I will be happy with my new edge 4v :)

I know you will, have you ever had a ride in a centi blown 4 valve :eek:uttahere: :eek:uttahere: :eek:uttahere:
never riden in a 4v period.

OP
OP

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
scarface said:
Snakebit said:
scarface said:
I may have lost some HP on my swap, but I think I will be happy with my new edge 4v :)

I know you will, have you ever had a ride in a centi blown 4 valve :eek:uttahere: :eek:uttahere: :eek:uttahere:
never riden in a 4v period.
your not missing much :rollinglaugh:

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
95KBGT said:

haha scarface, put a blower on it and youll blast past the 13.02 mark... :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :khobra: :khobra:

:angel:

(my car is to cool for you guys so you can't bash on it.. anything you say is false... unless its a compliment. :))

OP
OP

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
[TxCobrA98 said:
]
95KBGT said:

haha scarface, put a blower on it and youll blast past the 13.02 mark... :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :khobra: :khobra:

(my car is to cool for you guys so you can't bash on it.. anything you say is false... unless its a compliment. :))
:gtfo: just wait till i get traction and a better tranny

OP
OP

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
i was messing with a racing calculator, it said if im trapping 108 i should be around a 12.55 is this right?

Hellion94

Reaction score
Well, yes and no.

All a calculator does is base your acceleration off of a constant rate of acceleration formula, meaning that if you instantly launched and accelerated at a constant rate, that would be the best possible time.

Those calculators don't take into consideration wheel spin, shifting, or powerband, they just use a constant rate.

I would bet that with the 5 speed and traction, 12.80-12.70's would probably be the best estimate.

G

GREG@SN95

LCAs, SFCs, 31s axles, and sticky tires... + good launch...

yer makin the power... just need to work on the traction and the launch

OP
OP

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
SFC are already in, anyone know what the pros and cons of 28 or 31 spline axles? do i just need the axles..

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
[TxCobrA98 said:
]
95KBGT said:

please im in the mid 12's WITHOUT A BLOWER :khobra: :khobra: sorry Paul had to say it 8)

G

GREG@SN95

95KBGT said:
SFC are already in, anyone know what the pros and cons of 28 or 31 spline axles? do i just need the axles..

ya'll need axles if ya get the LCAs... LCAs will add a ton of traction and will destroy the stock axles in no time...

good 28s axles are fine until yer running slics... I've heard of people killing the carries with 28 splines...

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
95KBGT said:
i was messing with a racing calculator, it said if im trapping 108 i should be around a 12.55 is this right?

12.48 @ 109mph :banana: :banana: :banana: DEAD HOOK though ;)

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
95KBGT said:
you need a 31 spline diff too..if you wanna do it the roke person way, you can get some out of F150s and other ford trucks i think.

OP
OP

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
i was under the impression that 31 spline axles go right into our diffs..

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
DFG is right, you will need a 31 spline diff to go along with the axles. I got a diff out of an '03 Cobra. If you're going to upgrade the axles you might as well go with the 31 splines imo.

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
It's actually not the dif that you need, you just need a carrier. I would recommend a Detroit Locker True Track. That's what I run.

quickstang_1994

Reaction score
MeanGrn Gt said:
hmm i just checked astros site and they must have changed everything recently.

This must be what they used to called the super t5 http://www.astroperformance.com/product_info.php/manufacturers_id/29/products_id/209 rated for 550hp/425 tq for 1600 and then they also have the one that is rated for 650hp for 1900. You can get the gear kit for 1k to rebuild your stock t5. Other places to look @ trannies are hanlon and d&d performance.

When they talk about the 2.95 gear set that is the 1st gear. Other t5s are like a 3.35 1st i think.

If you want to swap in a tremec 3550 you need ds spacer, bellhousing, clutch fork, and a new yoke. The 3550 wont hold as much power (somewhere around 350 hp i think) as the tko 500/600 or if you went with the upgraded t5 from astro. If you can id just get the "a-five" from astro and stick that in. pry cheaper than swapping in a 3550 and it will hold more power. Just get in touch with astro they can help ya out. I think there is a rep over @ corral. I know some people have complained of vibrations after swapping trannies but i imagine if done right you can get rid of them but then again why risk having to chase vib problems when you could just stick in a stronger t5
I use a 3550. I added a bellhousing and shifter fork and thats it. No vibrations. The stronger t-5 doesn't I broke 5. But the 3550 is at over a 100 passes and lot of street time with no problems.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online