OP
OP

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
there not a tranny out there that will go right in that will handle my power

Hicks

Reaction score
I kinda figure it like this, And this is coming from Hicks so no telling how much its worth.

But I'd be more focused on my car, and whats best for my car. Over a 12 second timeslip. You already know Slicks will get you there.

So focus on whats important for the health of your car.

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
The astro perf or g force t5's would hold your power fine and drop right in. They are good to 550 and 650 if you put in the harder shaft if i remember correctly. There is a vid around somewhere that i cant seem to find. It is a vid of a guy with a g force t5 powershifting a 10 sec car.

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
http://www.astroperformance.com/advanced_search_result.php?manufacturers_id=29&categories_id=46&subcategories_id=120&inc_subcat=1&x=30&y=18
There are astro's t5's. You can also get just the gear kit which is like 1k and then you would have to get a rebuild kit for 200 and then pay someone to do it if you dont feel confident to do it so the $$ would be similar either way id imagine. I guess you may need to get a clutch but that wouldnt be a bad idea to upgrade especially since you are considering slicks etc.. Just shoot them an email and im sure that they can help ya out

http://www.gforcetransmissions.com/tran_gt-5.asp thats g force's site i am sure there are other places that carry them if you look. Astro used to but it looks like they dont anymore :dunno: You can get the whole tranny or just the gearset also.

OP
OP

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
why is that gearset so effen exspensive

im missing someting here...the T5 world class rebuild kit is only like 200 bucks..isnt that what i need to rebuild my T5 into a world class? or do i have to have a world class tranny first..argh, i hate this shit

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
you already have a world class t5. the $200 rebuild kit is just the synchros, rings etc (all the little shit) and does not include the gears. where as the gear kits are just the gears so then you will also need to get the rebuild kit too. They are spendy because they are made of stronger materials and there isnt a lot of competition price wise between different manufactures

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
Yes you have a t5, it is a world class t5. They started putting them in the early 90's. What doesnt make sense so i can help you make sense of it? lol

OP
OP

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
WTF ok so i already have a T5 world class? so if i bought the t5 world class rebuild kit i would be putting stock shit back in?

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
Exactly!!! thats what i was trying to tell ya. what comes in the rebuild kit is just the synchros etc and not the gears so if you broke a gear you would have to get the gear too.

Now what i am trying to tell ya is to get a g force t5 or astro performance A-Five t5 transmission (or just gears to put in your case). They are much stronger and will drop right in. If you want to make sure just shoot either of them an email and they can help ya out. Ya they might not be cheap but how many times are you going to have to rebuild your notoriously weak t5. I was planning on upgrading but now the way money is looking i will just rebuild it myself and call it good. It should be ok for now i hope.

I just dont see any "stock" t5 (i know they have the super high alloy t5z but i dont think that would be much better than what ya have) holding up for ya especially when you get slicks and do 3-4k dumps.

94twinscrew

Reaction score
MeanGrn Gt said:
Exactly!!! thats what i was trying to tell ya. what comes in the rebuild kit is just the synchros etc and not the gears so if you broke a gear you would have to get the gear too.

Now what i am trying to tell ya is to get a g force t5 or astro performance A-Five t5 transmission (or just gears to put in your case). They are much stronger and will drop right in. If you want to make sure just shoot either of them an email and they can help ya out. Ya they might not be cheap but how many times are you going to have to rebuild your notoriously weak t5. I was planning on upgrading but now the way money is looking i will just rebuild it myself and call it good. It should be ok for now i hope.

I just dont see any "stock" t5 (i know they have the super high alloy t5z but i dont think that would be much better than what ya have) holding up for ya especially when you get slicks and do 3-4k dumps.
Exactly,the only other thing that you can do,is weld a basket around the case of the tranny for added case strength....it had it done to mine when I noticed the case started to have a ton of stress fractures.

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
ya, i think paul is starting to understand about his options w/ the t5 and what i was trying to tell him. If ya need any more help paul post here or shoot me a pm if ya want O0

OP
OP

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
it just sucks....i wasnt looking to spend over a grand

OP
OP

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
argh..once i get a job im done. i found a FRC Vette for 22K im looking at as well as a terminator.

S

scarface

^^^^ HAHA....I knew it would come out sooner or later. YOU FOLLOWED MY ADVISE.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online