I shortened my stock antenna - PICS SOON!

Cobrakid

Reaction score
I have shortened mine as well. This is how I do it. You sound like you went over the top with paint for an antenna, but Im sure it looks good.

Put antenna in a vice and take pliers and pull off the ball.

Make sure ball doesn't hit ground or they are very hard to find.

Take cutoff wheel, grinder or hack saw and cut to desired length.

If the ball won't fit back on (usually doesn't) Take a bench grinder or similar to the end and make it thinner so the ball fits.

Superglue Ball to Antenna

Let Superglue Dry.

Take Black Spray paint and shoot the whole thing

Let dry and reinstall. its easy to do.

Downshift

Reaction score
Well it got slow at work one night and I work at an autoparts store so I had tools lol. I cut the beast with bolt cutters and filed the tip to a point and sanded all the paint off it. But I didnt like how it looked just metal so I sprayed it black. Its 12inches or so? I will get some pics tomorrow for you guys I like it Im still debating putting the ball back on the tip. Funny thing is radio is more clear now then ever HAHA, didnt expect that.

OP
OP
T

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
nah i painted it fine... well sorta. it doesnt look amazing.. it looks ok but its because i didn't use the right paint. i just didn't feel like going to the store to get it because it was freeezing cold and the roads were really wet..

OP
OP
T

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
i thought i already got the pics? was i imagining that? what did i post a few days ago? i swear man im losing my head.. ive been forgetting everything these last few days...

ive been spacing off like mad too everyday like 15 times a day.. sometimes, ill be spacing off, and ill forget to swallow my saliva or w/e.. and i just start drooling down my face. :hammer: its kinda freaking me out..

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online