I think I'm doing it right or will be?

Ineedav8

Reaction score
I'm stuck in the middle as I know my throwout bearing is squeaking in my tr3650 I want to replace it but I'm not going to pull the trans to replace a small bearing lol so I have a list of parts I'm tossing around the idea on as it will be a daily driver current mods are ported pi heads stage 2 CMS cams beehive valve springs mach 1 trans full exhaust pi intake accufab elbow 75mm tb and so on so forth i plan on tossing a teksid block with navi heads on boost down the line just looking for a combo to hold the magic here's the list so far
1. SPEC Stage 1/2 clutch with a timken throwout bearing
2. Billet aluminum flywheel with replaceable friction disc's
3. Misc. Gaskets for the tr3650
4. Would I need to worry about syncro's being she has been grinded a few times ??
And for the rear end I had the intention of
1. Moser 31 spline axles
2. Welded housing
3. Aluminum drive shaft

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
stick with the ford racing TOB. There is a chance its made by the same place but if it isn't the non-ford brands I hear are just complete crap.

OP
OP
Ineedav8

Ineedav8

Reaction score
I have a ford brand t.o.b. in the car now in my king cobra clutch and its horrible tho

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
how long has it been in there? I am sure the others will chime in but TOB are a hit or miss part that unfortunately you will not know till its all back together and started back up. All I ever heard about replacing them was Ford racing or don't bother so when I put my exedy stage 3 clutch in I paid extra for the extra bearing.

Tally_4.6

Reaction score
Ford racing TOB and pilot bearing, just replaced both a month ago.

So far so good.

OP
OP
Ineedav8

Ineedav8

Reaction score
Honestly no clue it's probably been in there as long as the transmission swap was so give or take 5 years maybe lessI heard some timken's were very good also so undecided but i have time as for clutch and flywheel? Spec and a Fidenza with friction disc's play nice togther?

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
You actually want the motorcraft TOB, the Ford racing one can even have trouble sometimes too. Basically, those are the only twoI would get, every other TOB has a tendency to grenade in a very short period of time. For whatever reason nobody can get it right

OP
OP
Ineedav8

Ineedav8

Reaction score
Hmm that's weird i wonder what goes on them just get pushed to far lubrication issue whatever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online