i want my car to have deeper shine.

jpajkos

Reaction score
What I do is use Meguiars Gold Glass Car wash. I clay bar my car once a month. But after my car wash I air dry my car then run a clean terry cotton towel over it to get the rest off. I don't have access to poor boys or clear kote at the store's like alot of these guys do so I then go over it with a coatings of Meguiars Deep crystal system polish after that a coat of the Gold Glass wax. I have a lazer red car so I look for a deep gloss as well and achieve it by doing this. Hope this helps. I agree with some of the other guys get rid of the rain x shit. That stuff is pretty useless. GOOD LUCK!!

ALITL8

Reaction score
Matt94GT said:
IMO the ClearKote stuff I used gave my car an insane deep rich shine. I dont think ill ever use anything else.

yep, once you find something you like its hard to get sold on anything else. ive only tried a handful of products... just got lucky and found some stuff that really performs and works exceptionally well for what i need.

it doesnt hurt that my car and others ive detailed have trophied (gold) in every show ive ever entered (using my products). maybe its the way i use them :dunno:

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
obsessive detail carries clearkote products i believe. I made a purchase with justin and was very satisfied. Quick shipping and the best prices :santa_afro:

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
the p21s wax looks pretty good but just get the s100 because it is the same just about 1/2 the price. I will be trying natty's blue paste wax next time to compare. I think it looks pretty good w/ the p21s already...

IMG_0407.jpg

IMG_0411.jpg

This pic makes me happy i went wingless

ju015dd

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
ok, here's what i do......

wash
clay, if needed be
depending on swirls and such, poorboys 2.5 and, or 1 with cutting pad
clearkotes vmg with polishing pad
vm with carnuba with polishing pad
poorboys ex with carnuba by hand
then top it all off with nattys blue...................... :santa_afro:

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
ju015dd said:
ok, here's what i do......

wash
clay, if needed be
depending on swirls and such, poorboys 2.5 and, or 1 with cutting pad
clearkotes vmg with polishing pad
vm with carnuba with polishing pad
poorboys ex with carnuba by hand
then top it all off with nattys blue...................... :santa_afro:

I second that,
That combo works great, and EX is awsome.
The more you polish the finish, the better it shines.
you can top EX with whatever you want, Natty's is good stuff, I've used about 3 tubs.
I love the PB ultra fine polish a lot too.

Your Car looks good.!. :bunny3:

94twinscrew

Reaction score
I tend to use the 3m stages for swirl removal with a orbital,then I use Collinite Insulator wax twice a season........Collinite is by far one of the best waxes that I've ever used. It last 5 times longer than most popular waxes(nano,mothers,3m,miguiars),water still beads 6 months later,never hazes,bug and tar just wipes right off......I try new things,but in the end,I always go back to collinite.

9psi 98

Reaction score
You may have to have it buffed to remove some oxidation, but I always use Meguiars Gold Class Liquid Wax. The oils in it really help with metallic and pearled paints. It's all I'll ever use. It works well on my car which is metallic atlantic blue, but my car only has 43k miles and doesn't see the sun unless I'm driving it so the clear coar oxidation and fading is minimal. Best of luck to you. O0

96saleen206

Reaction score
Come on guys...No Zaino recommendations? I love it! Kinda expensive to buy in, but damn what a shine! I clean with Zaino PC if needed (and you will on first application) followed by as many coats of Z2 with activator as you can stand doing. The results are plain amazing!

wytstang

Reaction score
96saleen206 said:
Come on guys...No Zaino recommendations? I love it! Kinda expensive to buy in, but damn what a shine! I clean with Zaino PC if needed (and you will on first application) followed by as many coats of Z2 with activator as you can stand doing. The results are plain amazing!
Ziano is good just not my cup of tea, it gives a kinda "wrapped in plastic" look *to me*. I prefer Wolfgangs Deep Gloss Sealant instead (has a warm glow to it) and last about 2 months. Ziano is great for longevity I just can't leave my car a lone long enough to justify using it for that purpose a lone. That and Ziano requires using there entire line to reap the full benefits.

96saleen206

Reaction score
Wrapped in plastic? Wow I've never heard that one before. I don't see how a shine that looks like you could reach in and get your hand wet qualifys as wrapped in plastic! Maybe it just doesn't look good on orange peeled factory paint? I cut and buffed my Sikkens Clear using 3M products and use Zaino excusively as a wax. Check out my pictures in the introductions section.... it definetly shines...but wrapped in plastic? Ha!

ju015dd

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
i have to agree. i did a car just recently with zaino. it was shiny but not much depth to me, i could have done way more with come clearkote and poorboys products.