I was bored so i decided to do some reading

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
Well i ended up not having to work today so i was going to pickup oil and a filter for the stang so i can change it this weekend. Well they didnt have what i wanted (motorcraft 5w 30) so tomorrow i am going to pick up what i need somewhere else. Now i have always used havoline in my pickup with either a wix or purolator filter. Since i got the stang i have used motorcraft syn blend and purolator filter. Well i have nothing to do so i have been reading and looking into various filters and oils and i am surprised by some of the things i have found. On filters here is a pretty good site with info. oil filter test w/ the cost of the filter added the motorcraft filter was rated best and w/o the cost the ford racing filter was best. Very interesting results i think. Purolator and wix did well which i expected. I am surprised by the k&n filter & mobil 1. I know a lot of you guys are running them and i believe they are around 8-10 a filter so maybe you might want to switch to the ford racing filters for similar cost but better quality. Purolator actually makes the motorcraft and ford racing filters. Did some reading on oils and was also surpised. Seems they are not too pleased with the new mobil 1 oil, also motorcraft 5w 30 is highly rated. So i think i am going to stick with motorcraft 5w 30 syn blend and go with a motorcraft filter or stick with purolator pure one or possibly ford racing

voidfinger

Reaction score
sounds good, i use havoline 10w30 in my car, then i tried the 5w30 motorcraft and it was ok but i heard a lot more valve train noice though. some one told me that the oil could have caused it and when i changed back to the H it stopped.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online