IAC Relocation

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
Has anybody here relocated their IAC? Trying to start tidying up the engine bay a little and it is hideous sitting on the front of the plenum. Ran across an MRR Relocation kit that they sell with a block off plate. Does anybody have any first hand experience relocating yours?

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
I have the MMR IAC relocation and block off plate. I plan on doing the install in the next few days, I'll post up pics and how everything turns out.

BLWNBYU

Reaction score
Going to do mine soon

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

BMAC96GT

Reaction score
I have the MMR IAC relocation and block off plate. I plan on doing the install in the next few days, I'll post up pics and how everything turns out.

I look forward to seeing this. Take pics please!

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
Okay, so started doing the IAC relocation. I don't know if I'm overthinking this, but I'm just not understanding how this is supposed to go. Below are pictures of before and after with the block off plate installed. I took a picture of the IAC relocation adapter that you get from MMR with the billet bracket and the two fittings. Does anybody know where these get connected to? I'm guessing one side has to have vacuum from the manifold...correct? What about the other side? Just a bit confused with this whole setup and I'm probably over thinking it.

Before:

Block off plate in place:

Hardware for relocation adaptor:

Any input or suggestions appreciated!
Thanks

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
Messing around with it a little more. So here is the IAC with hose that is removed from the plenum:

Back side of IAC:

Does the adapter get mounted to the back side, and only one of the fittings is used to run to a port vacuum side on the manifold?:

BLWNBYU

Reaction score
After maf pre-throttle body

BLWNBYU

Reaction score
All you are doing is routing air around the throttle blade.. that's it. Nothing more.

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
And than instead of pulling air from front of plenum find vacuum location on manifold correct?

BLWNBYU

Reaction score
One hose simply goes between the maf and the tb and the other goes to the plenum. Should be 8 an or 1/2" npt

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
One hose simply goes between the maf and the tb and the other goes to the plenum. Should be 8 an or 1/2" npt

I run a 6061 plenum and the whole point was to try to move all this junk to the rear of the car so its not visible. Trying to avoid using anything up front of the plenum. Found a port on the #4 runner i think I can make work on the manifold

BLWNBYU

Reaction score
I run a 6061 plenum and the whole point was to try to move all this junk to the rear of the car so its not visible. Trying to avoid using anything up front of the plenum. Found a port on the #4 runner i think I can make work on the manifold
Be interesting to see what happens trying to put it on an individual runner.. that should cause just that cylinder to run lean as **** at idle. Iac should be plumbed to the back of the 6061 elbow then

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score

I wonder if you could order the upper plenum with the IAC mounts on the rear. It looks like the mount is hand welded in so I bet it could be ordered that way.

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
I wonder if you could order the upper plenum with the IAC mounts on the rear. It looks like the mount is hand welded in so I bet it could be ordered that way.

I contacted Aaron from 6061 in the past about this and he said that it technically can be done, but something must be eliminated whether it be throttle bracket, IAT location, etc. I run my IAT in the rear due to my meth setup, so its very crowded on the back side the way it is. I may be looking into a vacuum block setup as well

BMAC96GT

Reaction score
Whats the point of the plastic square box? If all else fails, couldn't you replace it with some black braided hose to match the rest of your engine bay?

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Is there anywhere on the edelbrock to mount the IAT? I want to have mine drilled/mounted in my supercharger manifold to read more accurate after the meth.

Heres one mounted in the main cavity of the blower.

24evr77.jpg

And here is one that was mounted in a runner.

t68rbn.jpg

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
Whats the point of the plastic square box? If all else fails, couldn't you replace it with some black braided hose to match the rest of your engine bay?

I've read before that the little black box is some sort of resonator and have read mixed reviews of removing it.

Is there anywhere on the edelbrock to mount the IAT? I want to have mine drilled/mounted in my supercharger manifold to read more accurate after the meth.

Heres one mounted in the main cavity of the blower.

24evr77.jpg

And here is one that was mounted in a runner.

t68rbn.jpg

Bob I'm going to scope out the Edelbrock for potential locations for the IAT. Those are some interesting areas to mount it on those manifolds. I don't know if I would personally mount it on a runner, but I'm sure it works perfectly fine.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I think the SVO blower guys mount it on the runner so they don't have to remove the rotors from inside the blower when they drill and tap for the lightning IAT sensor.

I am going to send mine to Steggy for porting so I will have them drill and tap while everything is apart.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online