IAC Relocation

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
I think the SVO blower guys mount it on the runner so they don't have to remove the rotors from inside the blower when they drill and tap for the lightning IAT sensor.

I am going to send mine to Steggy for porting so I will have them drill and tap while everything is apart.

I thought for the past 10 or so years this car was a myth. It actually exists???

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I still have my car, I just don't drive it or even like it right now plus no time with the kids. I am looking for a 96/97 S281 to build and dump all my stuff into. I might keep the vert and use as a cruiser since it has a decent suspension and brakes already on it.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Droptop, your car runs?

Yeah if I go charge the battery and air up the tires lol it will start right up. I start it every few months and drive it around to keep things from rotting/rusting/drying out etc. My 4R70W needs to be rebuilt so that is why it is parked plus I have had a love/hate relationship over the last 20 years and I am in a hate cycle.

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
Before:

After - flat black PA performance alternator and moved IAC:

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
So did you get everything figured out?

Yep. Overall very simple, more just planning on where you are mounting and running lines and blocking off existing bungs on plenum/intake. Let me know if you have any questions when you get around to it.

98snakehorse

Reaction score
Yep. Overall very simple, more just planning on where you are mounting and running lines and blocking off existing bungs on plenum/intake. Let me know if you have any questions when you get around to it.

A million question question, well actually just a few. What all did you have to do to get it to run properly after the IAC delete? Where did you relocate it and so on......

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
A million question question, well actually just a few. What all did you have to do to get it to run properly after the IAC delete? Where did you relocate it and so on......

All I did was relocate it and extend the wiring/vacuum locations. So instead of the IAC pulling air directly from the plenum and mounting right up front, I relocated it up front underneath my supercharger power pipe, extended the harness wiring to it, and pulled vacuum from the #4 runner on my Edelbrock manifold.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online