IAC-Stubborn

NORTON98

Reaction score
I have a problem and I have already figured out that its the IAC valve. I started to take it off(2 little screws and off it goes on the end of the plenum) but the bottom screw wouldnt budge. I accidently dog eared it a little bit. So I stopped trying to unscrew it in fear that I would mess it up more. My question is do I need an impact tool to get it off?

S

scarface

NO! impact would strip the thread out..penetrating lube. If the threads go drill the head off, remove the IAC, then use vise grips on the shaft of the screw.

MAKE SURE YOU ARE USING THE CORRECT SIZE TOOL TO FIT THE SCREW!

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I hate when that happens...I keep a set of old drill/screw bits in my toolbox that i use when this happens. I will stick the old bit in and hammer it into the stripped head and make a new indentation for it to bite on...sometimes it works, when it doesn't you gotta cut it off.

OP
OP
N

NORTON98

Reaction score
Alright, thanks guys! Im going to put some liquid wrench on their tomorrow! I better upgrade that damn screw to something stronger also.

Mike

98armygt

Reaction score
you could also use a bit that has the little ribs on it to help grip the screw better. i use those just to reduce the chance of stipping out screw heads.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Staff online

Members online