IAT sensor relocation for the Vortech?

gnx547

Reaction score
For those who have the Vortech, where did you relocate the IAT sensor? I just notice that I don't have an IAT sensor on mine.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I have a spot for mine with my Anderson power pipe. It moves it into the fender but I thought the vortech had a spot for it in the plastic intake.

OP
OP
gnx547

gnx547

Reaction score
I'm using the Anderson Power pipe and I don't remember seeing an extra hole for the sensor. There is no hole on Vortech plastic intake tube for the sensor. By chance do you have a pic showing the exact location of sensor on the power pipe?

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
I made my power pipe so i installed my own sensor

OP
OP
gnx547

gnx547

Reaction score
Does the iat sensor have to be mounted on the powerpipe next to the MAF? Can it be mounted it in the Vortech plastic intake tube as shown in this pic I found online, will this work well?

2yv7ww1.jpg

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I am pretty sure I remember reading that the temp/maf is important to keep close together for it to be able to work correctly. Mine just mounts in the rubber boot that holds the maf to the pipe. Poke a hole and stick it through and your done.

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
You can but you need a bung and a threated iat..
If your going to relocated it i would relocate it to the lower intake like the fox..

OP
OP
gnx547

gnx547

Reaction score
I am pretty sure I remember reading that the temp/maf is important to keep close together for it to be able to work correctly. Mine just mounts in the rubber boot that holds the maf to the pipe. Poke a hole and stick it through and your done.

Do I mount the sensor at the red or yellow arrow? Or it doesn't matter?

t87v2g.jpg

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I don't think that a couple of inches will matter for performance but make sure that it will clear the pipe or what ever its clamped too.

Witzy0070

Reaction score
My IAT is after the blower, about a foot or so before the throttle body. No where near the MAF.

torch318

Reaction score
When I got my power pipe from Anderson the directions said to move it post blower after the intercooler on my procharger.

Witzy0070

Reaction score
The blower is going to make the air hotter. Having it before the blower will give inaccurate temp readings.

OP
OP
gnx547

gnx547

Reaction score
My IAT is after the blower, about a foot or so before the throttle body. No where near the MAF.

So yours is mounted as shown in the pic that I posted of the red mustang? When you installed it there, was there a difference in the idle?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I would imagine the tuning will be different for the two but otherwise its still doing the same thing. I can completely understand the idea of having it after the blower which is why I have an aftermarket gauge to do that on mine. Of course it doesn't do anything for the tuning but it will help to know what is going on both for tuning and while driving.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online

No members online now.