IAT sensor relocation for the Vortech?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I wonder how far apart the meth nozzle and the sensor need to be? I remember seeing a flat spot on two of the runners that would be where it would go but also wondered if I just moved it to the back up my upper intake if it would be ok?

Witzy0070

Reaction score
If you want full confidence where to place your nozzle and IAT I would consult with the person who will be tuning your specific car and set up. Tuning is notoriously finicky.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
well crap I still have not figured that out yet. There is one place local with a dyno but I have heard mixed reactions of them enough to make me wish there was a better way. Louisville has some good people but I have problems getting out of town with my stomach crap. Oh well I am not ready to go drill any new holes in the intake right now anyway...

BLWNBYU

Reaction score
I wonder how far apart the meth nozzle and the sensor need to be? I remember seeing a flat spot on two of the runners that would be where it would go but also wondered if I just moved it to the back up my upper intake if it would be ok?
I would want the meth far enough in front of the iat so it is completely atomized by the time it's read. Spraying the stream directly onto the iat isn't going to give you an accurate reading.
082cf8a5518d724049ea30e158777963.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Mine has a spot to drill/tap and I have considered it but was hoping for a cleaner look and to run it up under everything to be hidden.

BLWNBYU

Reaction score
I was thinking of putting the meth nozzle in the discharge of the blower snout, mine has a threaded hole
That's where mine was until I went to dual nozzles.. the 625 just wasn't enough. 1000 made a hell of a difference though
71227bfe3b20745c7ba885a521bf15f3.jpg

Z06killinsbf

Reaction score
Mine has a spot to drill/tap and I have considered it but was hoping for a cleaner look and to run it up under everything to be hidden.
I hear you, maybe come up on the bottom of the intake elbow with a littl port.
That's where mine was until I went to dual nozzles.. the 625 just wasn't enough. 1000 made a hell of a difference though
That's it, did it not work good there?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
the dual nozzle kit would have meant he would have added a 2nd nozzle just like the one you already saw so he would either need to drill/tap another hole next too it or find another spot that was close.

Z06killinsbf

Reaction score
the dual nozzle kit would have meant he would have added a 2nd nozzle just like the one you already saw so he would either need to drill/tap another hole next too it or find another spot that was close.

My question was mainly directed to the need to upgrade to a second nozzle. If I'm going to do a meth kit, I don't want to dick around with a single nozzle kit if it's highly insufficient. I'm just curious at what power level the need to upgrade is.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
oh sorry.

Anyone know the model number of the metal housed AIT sensor or have a link where to get it now that I am considering moving it?

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
If you haven't already bought your maf I'm pretty sure there is some that have the iat built in.

This message courtesy of crapatalk!

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
yes and from what I hear the lightning maf I am using has it but again I am trying to get the ait down stream from the meth nozzle as far as I could. If I did move the nozzle up to the top of the super charger then moving the ait to the pipe I am making between it or possibly on the upper or lower where it belongs would be about ideal.

BLWNBYU

Reaction score
My question was mainly directed to the need to upgrade to a second nozzle. If I'm going to do a meth kit, I don't want to dick around with a single nozzle kit if it's highly insufficient. I'm just curious at what power level the need to upgrade is.
Meth doesn't really work well until you get into higher boost levels. I believe Michael Plummer doesn't recommend using it anywhere below 12#s. I'm at 14-15. 625 only dropped iats like 40*. 1000 dropped me up to 125 degrees all the way down to 120 wot on an 85 degree day.

BLWNBYU

Reaction score
If you haven't already bought your maf I'm pretty sure there is some that have the iat built in.

This message courtesy of crapatalk!
Having the iat in the maf isn't doing you any favors when you're using meth

Z06killinsbf

Reaction score
Meth doesn't really work well until you get into higher boost levels. I believe Michael Plummer doesn't recommend using it anywhere below 12#s. I'm at 14-15. 625 only dropped iats like 40*. 1000 dropped me up to 125 degrees all the way down to 120 wot on an 85 degree day.

OK, been looking at building my own kit and I'm currently at 14psi.

BLWNBYU

Reaction score
OK, been looking at building my own kit and I'm currently at 14psi.
To make that more clear, I was seeing up to 245 degree iats and the two nozzles brought me down to 125 degrees

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
does anyone know the model number or what I need to get the sensor that will go into the lower? Just go to the store and ask for a fox AIT?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online