Ideal Engine

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Turbo98, Apr 4, 2006.

1. Turbo98

Turbo98 Member

Alright. I have read the stuff on big bore vs. stroker, etc. What would be the best 4V modular motor for a twin turbo Cobra that would make ~1000rwhp? Big bore 304? Big bore stoker? Stroker? Stock cast iron? Is the integrity of the aluminum block compromised with the big bore?
    Thanks.

2. Adam

Adam Well-Known Member

Your talking lots of boost to hit that number. I would want iron block. You don't need a stroker or a big bore to hit that kind of rwhp. John Urist SSO driver and owner of Hellion Power Systems just did a kit on a stock 03 cobra and I believe laid down 847rwhp. This was a very stock motor if memory serves me correct. Urist said that he could hit 1000rwhp with nothing more than some 116 octane fuel. :eek:

The motor would basically need to consist of good components,and be built for boost, low compression, so your not talking a ton of money on the motor, the turbo and fuel system will be the money.

Adam

3. Peter

Peter Well-Known Member

I think a 5.0L stroker in an iron cobra block with stage 3 heads + cams a good intake and lots of boost will get you there :D