Idle help

5OMustang

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I have a 94 GT 5.0 5 speed with 190 twisted wedge heads, trickflow cam, 30lbs injectors, 75mm throttlebody, longtubes, custom tune with a systemax. Engine was rebuilt over the winter. I’ve replaced TPS and IAC due to hanging rpm in between gears which is now fixed, cleaned IAT and maf. I’ve done a bunch of base idle resets. Now my car drives great but idles at 1400-1500. I have IAC screw on BBK throttlebody closed. On base idle I unplugged IAC and adjusted throttle stop screw until car was barely running. Then plugged IAC back in and holds 1400. If I turn the throttle screw to idle it down I can get it to 1000 but it will randomly die at lights when stopping. No vacuum leaks as well. I do have a tps “out of range” check engine light pop up after a couple mins of driving. Any tips to get this thing to idle right? Thanks

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
if its idling that high with the throttle stop set to completely close the butterfly then there is a vac leak somewhere. Get a cigar and do a smoke test or take it to have one done.

OP
OP

5OMustang

Reaction score
if its idling that high with the throttle stop set to completely close the butterfly then there is a vac leak somewhere. Get a cigar and do a smoke test or take it to have one done.
Thanks for the quick reply, sorry if I wasn’t clear but the screw for the butterfly is what I’m using to kind of get it to idle. If I close it so car idles at 1000 which is aslow as I can turn it before car dies, it will sometimes stall when coming to a stop. So I turned it open about another 1/2 turn and car holds around 1400. I have the screw for the IAC completely closed.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
with the butterfly completely closed it should not be able to idle well if at all but certainly not as high as 1000 rpm.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online

No members online now.