Idle issues with AC

miscreant

Reaction score
been doing the research on the mega squirt , it looks like a good system , im going to try to pick up a couple more ,one for the cobra and mach 1
Do you plan using the adapter that utilizes the stock wiring harness?

OP
OP
joemomma

joemomma

Reaction score
What's the difference between the Sniper and the Terminator X? One of the crate motors I'm shopping can be purchased with the Sniper already installed.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
terminator is their full blown race ready ecu with I forget how many programmable input/outputs, but its a bunch. Its their top of the line. The sniper uses a carb replacement that has the injectors built into it so its easier to swap over cars that were carbed. If you want something in between I have the HP which only has 4 inputs and 4 outputs but that is enough for the average street car.

OP
OP
joemomma

joemomma

Reaction score
Terminator would be overkill for me, no doubt. Any issues with going to the Sniper system?

OP
OP
joemomma

joemomma

Reaction score
Small follow up - the additional 1/2 turn out on the air control screw seems to have done the trick. Car hasn't stalled at all on me today.

OP
OP
joemomma

joemomma

Reaction score
It's idling about 800 right now with the AC running. It does hang or go up when shifting most of the time. Not always, but almost always. Annoying as hell, makes it sound like you can't drive.

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
It's idling about 800 right now with the AC running. It does hang or go up when shifting most of the time. Not always, but almost always. Annoying as hell, makes it sound like you can't drive.
Back it off a little bit , then try it , also keep in mind to disconnect battery while doing it for 10 mins at least so it can lose memory and reset

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Yea this is where you will be stuck unfortunately. You probably need a tune to get the IAC in the right position to get this fixed correctly. By get a tune I mean at a dyno, not bama. This is one of those things the tuner will need to adjust and see how much it works/doesn't work and then make adjustments.

As for disconnecting the battery, I thought the tps basically calibrated itself when you first power it up but its been so long since I had the stock ecu in idunno.

OP
OP
joemomma

joemomma

Reaction score
Honestly, at this point, it's driving fine. I can live with that slight annoyance - it's more of an issue when just "cruising" or driving easy. I don't notice it when driving hard or shifting quickly. I'm not sure how much more I want to fiddle with it. As noted, without a tune, it's likely what it is going to be. No sense tuning something with minimal mods at this point.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
When disconnecting the battery
You take the memory away
And the setting
So that it re-learn that is always the way the eec or obd works

Latest posts

Forum statistics