Idle problem 1998 cobra

Cmlindauer

Reaction score
I got my car back from an engine rebuild. It's fairly stock. All forged bottom end with a set of mild street comp cams. Since I got it back it has an intermittent idle problem. It normally idles at 800 rpm. When stopping the car it has always holds at 1200 for about 4 seconds then drops to 800. Now once in a while it goes 1200, 800, 1200, 600,1200, 400 and stalls. Any ideas. Any help would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Cmlindauer

Cmlindauer

Reaction score
Already replaced iac and tps

Barner1

Reaction score
x2 on checking out a tune. When I first had my cams installed & the car was untuned, it ran awful! Idling & stalling. But once Dynospeed got ahold of it, ran like a champ.

OP
OP
Cmlindauer

Cmlindauer

Reaction score
I had it dyno tuned when the motor was rebuilt and again with 400 miles on the new engine. I also replaced the TB gasket incase there was a leak there. I could not find any vacuum leaks either.

BigBore96

Reaction score
More than likely tune related to the dashpot settings. Cams can be tricky to get perfect. I've got some comp106400's in my car that I'm tuning with right now with SCT PRP. They are annoying me.

OP
OP
Cmlindauer

Cmlindauer

Reaction score
Still have the idle problem have replaced 4 injectors and still there. I picked up a used ECU from a 98 cobra vert. I have a SCT 3 tuner. Can I copy the tune from my tuner to the new ECU. Is there anything else that needs to be done for the new ECU to work? Any help would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online