Idle problem.

Mystic1688

Reaction score
Well guys I just bought a 96 cobra. I was told it had a tune/chip diablo idle tune with injectors apparently ( didn't believe the guy) to make it sound like it has a cam. Well it sounds like a skip/miss!

When I first start the car everything is normal, when it warms up is where I have issues. coming to a stop the idle hangs around 1500, when I completely stop the idle slowly goes down to 800 few seconds drops to 300 sounds like a bad skip/knocking sound shakes car, then slowly returns back to 800 but with a miss/skip few more seconds like nothing is wrong idles fine. weird thing is no codes are thrown, the IAC, MAF, MAP look to be replaced and even then had zero to barely any build up. I will try and post a video I have one posted on SN95 specific face book page! any and all help is very much appreciated!!!

1996 Mustang Cobra 5 speed 137k

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I had a similar problem that I finally was able to diagnose to a spark plug cable that I guess was expanding with heat and would pop off when it got hot. IT was still close enough to make a partial signal so it would work better then others sometimes. Try giving a light tug on them to be sure they are still securely connected.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online