If you could build a motor on a budget for your stang...what would it be?

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
97blackgt said:
it put down those numbers on an engine dyno...
it is a street car and runs on pump gas
and he built the engine himself, because he works at a machine shop

Ok . . that makes more sense. I thought you were talking rear wheel numbers.

OP
OP
F

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
Dalamar said:
BTW Zed - get me a good side/angle shot of your car with the new wheels, and I'll update your sig pic.

Thanks Jeff, but it prob wont be for awhile, its too cold and its gonna snow the next to days :(

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Hey Zed! If your buddy gives you shit about the new GTO beating you - tell him "congrads! you can beat a 10 year old car" :boink:

OP
OP
F

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
Dalamar said:
Hey Zed! If your buddy gives you shit about the new GTO beating you - tell him "congrads! you can beat a 10 year old car" :boink:

More like 11 year old! haha. When he says how bad he can beat me, I say "Well you also beat me in car payments and insurance too" then he shuts up 8)

97blackgt

Reaction score
DFG_Pimpin said:
so what tranny are you gonna use, and are you gonna build your rear end too?

How strong is the 8.8 compared to a 9 inch? how much torque will the 8.8 take safly without having to worry about it grenading itself?
If its anything like a 10bolt i know they are garbage but the 8.8 seems a lot stronger?

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
97blackgt said:
How strong is the 8.8 compared to a 9 inch? how much torque will the 8.8 take safly without having to worry about it grenading itself?
If its anything like a 10bolt i know they are garbage but the 8.8 seems a lot stronger?

8.8s are pretty stout. There are guys going 7s on em. I still have the 8.8 in my car. With a good girdle and welded/braced tubes, its a pretty good setup. Dunno about the actual torque rating . . but its a lot.

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
A GTO WILL dust a nonpi mustang.. its not even funny. I know by experience :noes: I mean i felt like i was on a hoveround wheelchair :'(

I say you borrow TRUUBLE's car and tell your cousin you got rid of your car ;] That'll make him shit his pants in fear than :slap: him

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
If i was going to build a motor id go with a 351w stroker :naughty: if i were you fets id go for a 5.4 swap

97vertstang

Reaction score
if ur thinking about a 5.4, u need deep pockets like trubble. u need a custom intake manifold for a 5.4 dohc that goes for $3k. if u go for a 5.4 2v, its not that much better than a 4.6 2v, might as well keep ur 4.6 2v. and either way 400hp N/A????? reality check , it will cost a lot of money and not be that streetable. KISS, keep it simple stupid, not trying to offend u, keep ur 4.6 2v , buy a forged rotating assembly and either supercharge it or nitrous it. believe me ull have enough power after.if u want something unique, drop a 4.6 4v out of a mach 1/ or if u can afford 03 cobra. either way good luck :thumb:

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
Would it be expensive to get a motor out of a wrecked 03-04 cobra? I mean can't he get lucky @ a junk yard :pimp2:

wheres droptop pony at??? :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

AaRoN

King Post Whore
Reaction score
Twista said:
Would it be expensive to get a motor out of a wrecked 03-04 cobra? I mean can't he get lucky @ a junk yard :pimp2:

wheres droptop pony at??? :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

from what i've heard with that kind of a swap you also will, obviously, need the wiring harness, ecu, upgrade the suspension and tranny. this could get pretty costly. of course i could be wrong. like i said, this is what i heard. good luck to you man.

OP
OP
F

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
No way! I was being serious :D :D.

How does building up my 2valve (New heads/intake/pistons/rods etc.) and put a blower on it sound? Im thinking about doing the PI intake, and a vortech. But I dont know what heads to get???? PI ones?? :help2:

97blackgt

Reaction score
isnt there a version of a 351 bored and stroked.?something like a 383...i would think that would be a cheap build and would be fast as well

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Fets said:
No way! I was being serious :D :D.

How does building up my 2valve (New heads/intake/pistons/rods etc.) and put a blower on it sound? Im thinking about doing the PI intake, and a vortech. But I dont know what heads to get???? PI ones?? :help2:

www.powerheads.com

but seriously, you need to decide how much power you want, there's many options and variables out there.
pick a number, and break it down from there.

your tranny and axles won't like much over 450 for long.

OP
OP
F

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
Which cames should I go with if I do that??

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online

No members online now.