If you could build a motor on a budget for your stang...what would it be?

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
Instead of fiddling with this PI junk, Im gonna build a new motor. My cousins talking shit on my shitstang saying how he can beat me with his GTO :blah2: and I always wanted to build a motor too. But see, I dont know what kinda motor to build? I wanna do something like Dals, build something for boost. But what should I start out with? Should I build up another 4.6 2V or 4v? 331 or something???????????? Should I use a dartblock?? I dont want nothing expensive like Tads build lol, just something to get me to around 400 HP NA on a budget, and later be able to handle more when I have enough for a blower or turbo.

What would you guys do??

S

scarface

engine building and budget arent two words that usually go together.

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
I built mine on a budget . . . . .

It was just a very LARGE budget.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
BS aside, you should look at the 5.4L swap.
they're very strong, and respond well to boost also. (see the new shelby and GT for more info)
similar configuration from ford, cast rods/pistons, but you'll run a lot stronger NA.

Cheap is a relative word. :)
My motor is for Boost!! I just can't afford that part yet ;)

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
Dalamar said:
they're very strong, and respond well to boost also. (see the new shelby and GT for more info)
similar configuration from ford, cast rods/pistons, but you'll run a lot stronger NA.

My motor is for boost, too . . . but I can't afford that yet, either. The 15:1 CR rotating assembly that's in it is just to keep me in the low nines/high eights until I decide it's time to go fast. :bunny3:

OP
OP
F

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
Dalamar said:

Thanks Jeff, thats what I've been thinking about doing. Gonna go look for more info about this.

Thanks all

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
Fets said:
Thanks Jeff, thats what I've been thinking about doing. Gonna go look for more info about this.

Thanks all

I'm actually considering a 5.4 swap when I do my 05, too. It seems a pretty reasonable way to go.

I'm not sure what your budget is, but you might look into the modified GT blocks from JDM Engineering. You would have all the block you'd ever need.

I have some links somewhere to some pretty good 5.4 stuff . . I'll try and find em.

OP
OP
F

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
THanks Tad. I wanna keep it under 10k..

97blackgt

Reaction score
Fets said:
THanks Tad. I wanna keep it under 10k..
My buddy always picks on me cause he says u cant build a ford engine cheap

hes got a 383 NA thats puts out 498hp and 504tq, and he only spent 6500$

Is that possible with a ford engine build? those kinds of numbers with that kind of money?

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
97blackgt said:

Is that possible with a ford engine build? those kinds of numbers with that kind of money?

Sure . . it's possible. But, those are prolly Dynojet numbers (so they are inflated) and, unless I see what it's running in the quarter, I would hesitate to believe the stated hp . . . especially if it's a daily driven street car.

High compression on race gas or Torco? Sure. On pump gas? Not a chance.

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
who is gonna build the motor Fets?

What im wanna do is get a teskid block, forged internals, ported PI heads, stage 2 turbo cams, and a homemade twin turbo kit. 8)

97blackgt

Reaction score
TRUUBLE said:
97blackgt said:

Sure . . it's possible. But, those are prolly Dynojet numbers (so they are inflated) and, unless I see what it's running in the quarter, I would hesitate to believe the stated hp . . . especially if it's a daily driven street car.

High compression on race gas or Torco? Sure. On pump gas? Not a chance.
it put down those numbers on an engine dyno...
it is a street car and runs on pump gas
and he built the engine himself, because he works at a machine shop

OP
OP
F

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
DFG_Pimpin said:
who is gonna build the motor Fets?

What im wanna do is get a teskid block, forged internals, ported PI heads, stage 2 turbo cams, and a homemade twin turbo kit. 8)

Its probally just gonna be me, my dad, and few uncles, and maybe my pap. They have a ton of expeirence. Plus my one uncle works at a machine shop 8) Im hoping to find a 5.4 engine outta a L with everything together though..

OP
OP
F

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
im just gonna cut a hole in my hood like that one girl did on this site...hell Im not even gonna run a hood. BALLIN :pimp2:

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
so what tranny are you gonna use, and are you gonna build your rear end too?

OP
OP
F

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
I'll put the motor in. Then whatever breaks first is what I will upgrade lol. I'll probally build it up later on.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
BTW Zed - get me a good side/angle shot of your car with the new wheels, and I'll update your sig pic.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online