If you have an AUTO with 4.10's, PLZ READ

voidfinger

Reaction score
well i just want to know what they were saying so i can see if i want to take the risk or not. no big deal thats all.

OP
OP
W

Wes8398

From reading/searching a shit load of mustang forums and general Google results, I came across my fair share of Motive bashing, but NONE of what I read was warranted or proven to be the fault of the manufacturer. Most complaints were that of sounds from the gears after install - the installer's fault, not the gear's.
I also came across MUCH more praise of Motive gears, then bashing. I'd say a 70/30 split in favor of Motive.

I also tried to research the claims I've read that Motive and FRPP are the EXACT same gear (made in the same place and everything), but I only came across statements lacking factual back-up.

1996MustangGT - That does look like a good price from American Muscle - about the same as the ebay store after his shipping costs. BUT, his auction includes the axle bearings too. Not a big deal, I know, but more enticing because I want those bearings.

The speed cal seems like a great mod, but the instructions make it look like a pretty big pain in the ass to install. It's also too expensive. I think I'll stick to the $5 speedo gear that you swap in.

voidfinger

Reaction score
yep i like the motive gear in that ebay thing....I'm just wondering now weither to go on and install them now or wait till i get the 5 speed in.

OP
OP
W

Wes8398

Yah, I'm waiting for spring time to get mine, unless I see an even better deal in the meantime. Got a dump of snow/ice last night and yesterday and it made me think of how absolutely screwed I'm going to be in the winter with the 4.10's. It probably would be a good idea to get an after market differential (to help with traction), but there's no way I can afford that any time soon.

voidfinger

Reaction score
lol well the main thing is that you have a mustang man. It doesn't go in the snow at all. LOL i tried and didn't make it out my drive way one day. :O)

voidfinger

Reaction score
1996mustangGT said:
lol
you could try and put chains on it..... :help2:

lol well it doesn't help that my car sits 1 1/2 inches off the ground either, so you know what? snow ownes me all the time. :noes:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online