If you Purchased a (FMS) FranksMustangSupply Shift knob get in here!!!

330CubeGt

Reaction score
I'm looking for anyone who ever purchased a Billiard Ball Shift knob from me in the past, to post up pictures of them installed in your car!!! Black and White Cue Balls, Numbered balls etc. If its installed in your car I need pics!!!

I sold quite a few here and most of you were happy other then them not having a Shift Pattern. At the time I didn't have the time to do what I wanted with the project and my day job and my cobra kept me quite busy. I'm considering jumping back into the project with new tools, designs and options all based off a real 2.25" Billiard Ball. I would still offer the traditional knobs as well as new designs/options and many thread types so the knobs would be available for just about any make or model Stick Shift car out there.

Post up your pics, comments, concerns, thoughts etc.... Lets me know how you like the size/feel of your current knob:thumbsup:

Thanks -330

joekd

Reaction score
Did you want a pic of my black ball one? It's not in a car but is on a steeda handle

OP
OP

330CubeGt

Reaction score
Any Pics are fine if you feel like posting them, don't go out of your way to get me a pic if you don't already have one.
Just trying to get a collection together so I can have pics to show off when I'm ready to get the FB page going.

joekd

Reaction score
It was just sitting on the shelf over my workbench anyway

Here are a couple I shot quickly

P1050579.jpg

P1050580.jpg

P1050581.jpg

I was hoping to use it on the new car but the shifter handle thread was way smaller

OP
OP

330CubeGt

Reaction score
Thanks for the pics!

That's why part of what I want to do if I jump into this, is offer them with more then just the 1979-2004 Mustang thread type. I figured I had a lot of luck selling them on ebay and the forums and that was only to one type of person/Car.

I mean what if I made one that was black like that with the correct thread type for a SRT-8 With The shift pattern on it and the SRT-8 Logo on the side. It would be slightly more expensive then what I used to charge for the base knobs but it would have more of a custom touch and I think that's what a lot of people want. Hell I know Jeremy Tew at one point had multiple shift knobs and changed them out as he pleased depending on how he felt lol.

TanTop94

Reaction score
I already know Id love to get one of these, hell my girlfriend would kill for one too.

96gt4.6

Reaction score
i would really like to get one with the shift pattern and the cobra emblem on each side

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I would be interested if cost isnt crazy to my door.

Have you found a solution to fading? white and black dont fade, but ive gone through a ton of 5 balls...

I'm assuming you do it the same way as a local guy use to (drill broke), drill a hole and and either press or cement two nuts?
Would you be drilling any else other than pool balls? glass? Metal? ...

I currently have an old set of smaller size balls, but I've had the full size balls and much prefer the bigger.

joekd

Reaction score
I mean what if I made one that was black like that with the correct thread type for a SRT-8 With The shift pattern on it and the SRT-8 Logo on the side. It would be slightly more expensive then what I used to charge for the base knobs but it would have more of a custom touch and I think that's what a lot of people want.

Just to let you know right now I have a billet ball shifter with the SRT engraved, the company charges $39.99 for the ball and I think $20 extra for the black anodizing

The billet one doesn't thread on, it uses a set screw (later year chargers did not have threaded OEM knobs and this way it works for all) I was going to use yours with a sleeve inside but found the billet for a steal of a price and went with it

As for shift pattern, it's an automatic (autostick shifting but still an AT) with a gated top plate therefore no shift pattern needed

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
I'd be interested in one. I have an AODE with the B&M Hammer Ratchet Shifter. Thread size is 1/2 x 20 IIRC. My bro has the same shifter on his AOD fox. He would want one too. Can you make them for the autos (ratchet shifters) ?
I'd want a plain white cueball, he would for the classic eight ball. Lemme know what you can make. thanks!

krazyrabbit

Reaction score
I'd be interested in one. I have an AODE with the B&M Hammer Ratchet Shifter. Thread size is 1/2 x 20 IIRC. My bro has the same shifter on his AOD fox. He would want one too. Can you make them for the autos (ratchet shifters) ?
I'd want a plain white cueball, he would for the classic eight ball. Lemme know what you can make. thanks!

I'm getting the B&M installed soon, so would be interested too!

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
I'm getting the B&M installed soon, so would be interested too!

Nice! Its gonna take awhile getting used to it. You gotta ratchet thru each gear. Fun for me, and I can go from park to drive or to reverse etc, just as easy as a normal one

OP
OP

330CubeGt

Reaction score
Yea I want to be able to do all thread types for auto/man shifters...

Might be a lite slow going but I will keep you guys in the loop!

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Yea I want to be able to do all thread types for auto/man shifters...

Might be a lite slow going but I will keep you guys in the loop!

Awesome man. Sounds good! I bought a $15 plastic cue ball with those stupid allen screws and adapter from pep boys.. needless to say it had a short demise haha.. You can count on 2 orders from me

OP
OP

330CubeGt

Reaction score
Well I'm getting all my ducks in a row to start off, going to get a little logo made up and a face book page up to spread the word. Plan on doing 1/2-20 wich covers a lot of auto and old school shifters, M12-1.75 for 1979-2004 mustangs and a few others and M12-1.25 for 2005-2013 mustangs and m8-1.25 for the Chrysler/srt8 and a few chevy guys.

These knobs will be a few bucks more over my old prices, and I'm just one guy so everything is made to order so turn around time could get longer if I get busy. But I can say that these will be a V2.0 and of higher quality with counter sunk holes, carbon steel threaded inserts and eventually more options such as custom Hydrographic designs and shift patterns if all goes as planned.I'm starting from scratch now that I'm out in TX so I'm going to start gathering supplys since it seems I have interest already lol.

Thanks for the support and kind words!

OP
OP

330CubeGt

Reaction score
I would be interested if cost isnt crazy to my door.

Have you found a solution to fading? white and black dont fade, but ive gone through a ton of 5 balls...

I'm assuming you do it the same way as a local guy use to (drill broke), drill a hole and and either press or cement two nuts?
Would you be drilling any else other than pool balls? glass? Metal? ...

I currently have an old set of smaller size balls, but I've had the full size balls and much prefer the bigger.

The white black and hydrographic designs won't fade, I am looking into a urethane 2 part clear coat I could apply to each ball. I want to purchase it and test it and see how it goes. A lot more testing will be done to try and better the quality of the new knobs.Cost might be $3-5 more but the quality is better.

I won't be pressing or cementing nuts into the ball, that sounds worse then my previous way of just drilling and taping them.I plan to Install a carbon steel threaded insert.Threads will be about 3/4" to 1" deep depending on the thread type. But the actual hole will be much deeper then that. Probably 1.5" so there is plenty of room for the ball to get down as low as possible.I also plan on counter sinking the hole slightly now to help get it threaded on easier/ helps the insert seat to the ball better.

I'm going to be straight with you guys to, i am just looking for a little side project to make a little extra cash. Not looking to get rich here.I'm only making between $10-20 depending on the ball as some cost me more then others with prices fluctuating etc.

I plan to try out a momentary button for use with nitrous, linelock, or a trans brake.Even then I will be doing more work but not charging any extra other then the cost of the switch.That way I can keep it affordable for you guys but I have more options.

I also plan to offer a slightly smaller 2 1/8" knobs, the normal 2.25" size and then a big boy knob in 2 3/8" but it is only offered in white Or with hydrographic.If the clear coating process goes smooth, I might try my luck at painting and clearing them aswell.

I'm waiting on a response from my Decal guy on idea on cost on a high quality shift pattern decal so I can offer 4, 5 & 6 speed shift patterns in black or white.Then when applied I can clear coat them so there sealed, shiney and won't peel up.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online