If you've done a Spoiler Delete - Ive got a question

Fender1325

Reaction score
I recentley took off my spoiler and I really like the way it looks without it, problem is two things. First, what do i put in the holes it leaves behind? Second, it was real dirty under there so i scrubbed it off with windex but it left a ring on each side where the spoiler sat and I cant get it off for the life of me, any suggestions? thanks!

S

scarface

you can get body plugs from a hardware store to plug the holes. As for the rings, compound buffing will probably be the only way to remove it. I took mine off the other day, and I tried everything, even clay bared it. I ended up putting it back on.

OP
OP
F

Fender1325

Reaction score
Calling All who've Removed Spoilers

Hey what do you put in the holes that are left behind when you do a spoiler delete? Also it was real dirty underneath the spoiler so i scrubbed with windex but theres a ring left behind on each side where the spoiler was and Im not sure what to use to get rid of it, it doesnt seem to want to come out. thanks for your input

sn97gtnyg

Reaction score
Re: Calling All who've Removed Spoilers

maybe you should try some automotive goo-gone..... im interested in removing my spoiler too is it just as easy as unscrewing it??

spitfirees20

Reaction score
Re: Calling All who've Removed Spoilers

It's as easy as unscrewing it, takes 5 minutes.

For a temporary fix with the holes, you can go to autozone and get plastic interior plugs, and use either silicone or hot glue to seal them.

I can't get rid of the ring either, and I've used soap and water, goo gone, and claybar so far. If I find something that works, I'll tell you.

Hope that helps O0

S

scarface

Fender, you only need to start one topic on the same subject. I have merged your threads so you dont loose any info.

OP
OP
F

Fender1325

Reaction score
i only posted it in general and 98 specific so itd reach more people to make sure i get the best results. thanks for the help guys, seems like it may be a bigger issue getting rid of those rings.

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
well...as for the ring...that was easy for me to remove...just get some 1500 grit sand paper and wet sand ...then some turtle wax polishing compound..followed up with some wax and my rings are gone..but I think id rather have a wing that may not look so good that have 4 holes.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online