iffy DSM VS. NPI GT

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
it sounds like you need to figure out what he has...

in 1990 sccording to msn auto there is only 2 engine options.

the turbo 2.0 with 190 hp and 1.8 with 92hp.

you should destroy him if he is N/a even with the nitrous.

if he is turbo with spray it will be close..

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
96s281_081 said:
Also, your car should bust his ass even with the squeeze. Was watching Pass Time on speedvision and a 92 dsm non turbo with 150 shot automatic was running 15.2's. :dunno:

haha...the non turbo 1992 has a n/a 2.0 with 135 hp...you would htink it would be faster than 15.2 with 150 shot on top of that huh?
haha

AaRoN

King Post Whore
Reaction score
justinschmidt1 said:
96s281_081 said:
Also, your car should bust his ass even with the squeeze. Was watching Pass Time on speedvision and a 92 dsm non turbo with 150 shot automatic was running 15.2's. :dunno:

haha...the non turbo 1992 has a n/a 2.0 with 135 hp...you would htink it would be faster than 15.2 with 150 shot on top of that huh?
haha

Go back and check the thread date :thumb:

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
BTW, MSN auto is wrong. BUt yeah, it's a moot point, a long time ago

Willis_98GT

Reaction score
just rail him and come back and tell us all about it..

just keep traction as your main key. because when he engages his spray he is going to spin. (all fwds do on bottle)

you got nothing to worry about. :thumb:

BrandoGT

Reaction score
LMAO, Man he must be really snowed in because he said he was going to race once the weather improves. I geuss it has not improved in over a year.

btw I love how people are still goin on about the topic after several people have pointed out this age of this thread.

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
BrandoGT said:
LMAO, Man he must be really snowed in because he said he was going to race once the weather improves. I geuss it has not improved in over a year.

btw I love how people are still goin on about the topic after several people have pointed out this age of this thread.

:rollinglaugh:

pooker

Reaction score
BOOSTED98GT said:
monkeydude3 said:
what would a FWD DSM non turbo run in the 1/4 stock... assuming it runs right?

How about with a 50-75 shot of nitrous?

The nonturbo models had the 420A engine, aka a base Neon engine. Might as well be a honduh.

Should be a close race if he's able to spray w/o warping any more cams. (Bwahaha).

Good luck.

The 1990 fwd 2.0 's n/t had the 4g63....

BrandoGT

Reaction score
AaRoN said:
FIRST OFF: POST # 1000

I just had to post this as well. Just a clue as to how old this is, this was at the bottom of page 1 and Aaron is now on 26k something for posts. So this thread might be a tad old. That or he is the ultra mega post whore :crazy2:

AaRoN

King Post Whore
Reaction score
BrandoGT said:
AaRoN said:
FIRST OFF: POST # 1000

I just had to post this as well. Just a clue as to how old this is, this was at the bottom of page 1 and Aaron is now on 26k something for posts. So this thread might be a tad old. That or he is the ultra mega post whore :crazy2:

lol......I totally remember that post :crazy2:

OP
OP
M

monkeydude3

Reaction score
hahahahaha I totally remember starting this thread. Before we could race my buddy totalled that car.

And I ended up selling that mustang.

Now that friend of mine has 2007 Mazdaspeed 6. He's leasing it but it's pretty quick.

I don't think my current Civic can stand a chance. But hey I got killer MPG now.

Maybe the cobra of my future will run him.

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
monkeydude3 said:
hahahahaha I totally remember starting this thread. Before we could race my buddy totalled that car.

And I ended up selling that mustang.

Now that friend of mine has 2007 Mazdaspeed 6. He's leasing it but it's pretty quick.

I don't think my current Civic can stand a chance. But hey I got killer MPG now.

Maybe the cobra of my future will run him.

I want to find like an 87 bmw 5 speed for 800 bucks to whip around haha..thats my dream.

96GTvert

Reaction score
Lol... DSM = Don't Start Motors. A friend of mine had a 1990 Turbo Talon that I saw for a day and then it was MIA for about 9 months because it blew up. Alls he did was talk shit about this Talon, but it was never around. Well after almost a year I finally saw it around again and the thing wouldn't idle for anything. The idle was so erratic, jumping up and down from 900-1500 rpms, that is.. even if it would stay idling and not stall. He had a huge turbo in it and he always claimed that at one point it was running perfect. To make a long story short.. the thing had a bad boost leak and couldn't hold boost, it was slow as hell with no boost. About a year and a half later I remember him telling me his Talon was running beautifully again at 35psi and he kept saying it's fast as hell. So I tell him I wanna' take a ride in it and drive it and all that. So I end up going for a ride and driving it, it pulled pretty hard.. it could smoke all 4 tires easily and was actually running nice and fast. 2 days later he had another boost leak and there was oil all over the entire engine and he was pissed, couldn't figure out why. I think less than a week after that it, he went down to meet up with the street racers on one of the highways near me and was racing something (I think a 3000GT VR4) and said he blew his block apart and had to tow the car home. That was the end of that. He ended up buying a 97 Eclipse Turbo GSX (AWD Turbo Eclipse) and had that for about a month, he put a downpipe on it and ran it with no exhaust and that ended up blowin' the block apart too, so he traded the blown GSX for his Talon back because the guy he sold it to got it running right. His Talon ended up blowing up again less than a month after he got it back. True Story. DSMs suck and everytime I thought about buying one because they CAN be really fast.. I remind myself how much trouble my friend had with several Talons/Eclipses (he had many more talons before and after that one, but that one was the best story) and I always end up passing on DSMs.

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
96GTvert said:
Lol... DSM = Don't Start Motors. A friend of mine had a 1990 Turbo Talon that I saw for a day and then it was MIA for about 9 months because it blew up. Alls he did was talk shit about this Talon, but it was never around. Well after almost a year I finally saw it around again and the thing wouldn't idle for anything. The idle was so erratic, jumping up and down from 900-1500 rpms, that is.. even if it would stay idling and not stall. He had a huge turbo in it and he always claimed that at one point it was running perfect. To make a long story short.. the thing had a bad boost leak and couldn't hold boost, it was slow as hell with no boost. About a year and a half later I remember him telling me his Talon was running beautifully again at 35psi and he kept saying it's fast as hell. So I tell him I wanna' take a ride in it and drive it and all that. So I end up going for a ride and driving it, it pulled pretty hard.. it could smoke all 4 tires easily and was actually running nice and fast. 2 days later he had another boost leak and there was oil all over the entire engine and he was pissed, couldn't figure out why. I think less than a week after that it, he went down to meet up with the street racers on one of the highways near me and was racing something (I think a 3000GT VR4) and said he blew his block apart and had to tow the car home. That was the end of that. He ended up buying a 97 Eclipse Turbo GSX (AWD Turbo Eclipse) and had that for about a month, he put a downpipe on it and ran it with no exhaust and that ended up blowin' the block apart too, so he traded the blown GSX for his Talon back because the guy he sold it to got it running right. His Talon ended up blowing up again less than a month after he got it back. True Story. DSMs suck and everytime I thought about buying one because they CAN be really fast.. I remind myself how much trouble my friend had with several Talons/Eclipses (he had many more talons before and after that one, but that one was the best story) and I always end up passing on DSMs.

+10000

those things suck dick

OP
OP
M

monkeydude3

Reaction score
Yup. Another buddy of mine had a non turbo FWD version. He babied this car and almost never drove it hard. That engine randomly blew up one day after running perfectly fine. That was a 1991 I believe.

He then got a 97 awd turbo. Never ran right. Looked awesome, but past 5000 rpm the fuel would just cut. Never would idle and then random stuff started breaking.

I know they can be fast, but only momentarily before they give out.

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
monkeydude3 said:
Yup. Another buddy of mine had a non turbo FWD version. He babied this car and almost never drove it hard. That engine randomly blew up one day after running perfectly fine. That was a 1991 I believe.

He then got a 97 awd turbo. Never ran right. Looked awesome, but past 5000 rpm the fuel would just cut. Never would idle and then random stuff started breaking.

I know they can be fast, but only momentarily before they give out.

lol....theyre trash

A dude at work has one but never drives it cause hes always fixing the damn thing.

Hes got like 15k in it and its supposed to run 11s or something...he sucks

just a 98 gt

Reaction score
you should take him just dont miss a gear i raced my buds 98 gst and i pulled 2 cars on him from 20 to 100 and he can drive

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online