iffy DSM VS. NPI GT

monkeydude3

Reaction score
Hey everyone, my buddy has a 1990 Plymouth laser. 2.0L FWD. He has exhaust, clutch, some other stuff. He has a shot of nitrous (hasn't told me what shot it is) but by the looks of it it's about a 50-75. He said on the spray he could run my 97 GT. He said it's all ready to go, but his bro, also my buddy, said it's not ready for shyt. He also has stock tires all around. How does he plan to hook?

I think my best bet is to just run him, and get it on video. His car is nice and all, very cleanly modded and setup, but I don't think he stands much of a chance with or without the spray. On this respect, by no means am I saying my car is a speed demon (at least not yet anyway).

My stang has clutch, 2/3 exhaust (H pipe and mufflers), suspension, new tires, air silencer removed, more torque.... lol

I don't race much I just thought I'd start a discussion about it and see where it goes

Gotta go to school for now

Peace

George

ALITL8

Reaction score
you racing at the track or on the street? he'll probably take you either way, just want to make sure youre racing responsibly ;)

your car is heavy and slow (face it, it's a 97), you "might" get a low 15 in the 1/4 considering you only have one "real" mod, the exhaust :dunno: i got my ass handed to me by a little stock turbo AWD DSM my first time out... looked like shit but DAMN IT WAS FAST!!

OP
OP
M

monkeydude3

Reaction score
hmm. He's the non turbo front wheel drive tho... and i'm talkin on the street lol probably on some empty farm road

Dang, well it's one of those races we won't know of until we do it.

Man I really wanna pull my motor and put something in it that at least makes this car moderately quick instead of a slug.

The thing is though I am unaware if he can really spray, because it's all a ghettoed setup and he says it's a full bottle ready to go but half the stuff isn't even hooked up.

ALITL8

Reaction score
so race him (safely)... if he blows it up, you win ;D

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I wouldn't race anything when my car was still stock...it was too embarrassing :-\

S

scarface

George....isnt your car sick though? Bad engine or something?

97vertstang

Reaction score
what it sounds like that dsm is a POS, so dont even waste ur time!!!!!!

Downshift

Reaction score
I think it will depend on how good he can drive. If he completely sucks you will take him. If he is decent and gets traction quick enough he might be able to reel ya in. Kinda hard to tell though. I had a 93 Tsi before my stang and some of those guys were pretty quick with barely anything and then others were dogs with a lot of mods. Him having FWD is going to help you a lot though.

S

scarface

5.0wned said:
I think it will depend on how good he can drive. If he completely sucks you will take him. If he is decent and gets traction quick enough he might be able to reel ya in. Kinda hard to tell though. I had a 93 Tsi before my stang and some of those guys were pretty quick with barely anything and then others were dogs with a lot of mods. Him having FWD is going to help you a lot though.
a TSi is a turbo...this guys DSM in NON turbo

AaRoN

King Post Whore
Reaction score
scarface said:
5.0wned said:

are you having a bad day today Scarface?? ???

S

scarface

You know I was just looking at my posts and your responces....I thought to myself, I bet i look like a dick to him :) lol

Nah, I really wanted to help you on your wires...But post like these get to me. He CLEARLY said it was a NON turbo, and everyone goes off on a rant about how fast a turbo dsm is.. ???

YEah, and I think my panties are in a wad today also :)

OP
OP
M

monkeydude3

Reaction score
haha this thread exploded lol. Yeah my engine is sick, but not performance wise. It's burnin oil but the compression is still good... so it still hauls a$$ with a blue haze lol. It's loving the 10/40 with additive tho.

Yeah, he clearly has the FWD NON TURBO DSM. Nice car an dall, see I figured if he really was spraying, given each of our drawbacks we'd run dead even, but if he wasn't spraying he'd be dead.

BTW I just found out today that he bought one of the first "Mazda 6s" or whatever? Whatever the new 270 horse AWD turbo mazda? THat car would kill me lol.

His car WAS sick as hell until he got T boned in it. Since then he's been fixing and modding it at once, and that's not a good combo.

Man I can't wait to do my engine. I'm really wanting to forge it, and cam it. Run N/A like that until I can afford a blower. I know it will be fast as heck once everything is setup properly.

George

Downshift

Reaction score
scarface said:
5.0wned said:

Haha I know a TSi is turbo i had one. I didnt even notice it was just a plain laser. Im just used to seeing most of the people who mod them mod the turbo ones for obvious reasons. Now that I have been shown its a non turbo I wouldnt think he could take you but I could be wrong.

OP
OP
M

monkeydude3

Reaction score
if he sprays it may be dead even, if not I'm pretty sure i"ve got him. This car used to be mint, but ummm if you saw it, it's seen much better days

It'll be one of those B.S. races we get on video for everyone to laugh at

OP
OP
M

monkeydude3

Reaction score
hehe the race wil have to be postponed. See we got hit hard with snow in my town and my buddy's town which is about 30 miles west. We'd both have no traction... FWD and RWD lol.

the race will be filmed so long as he doens't wreck the car between now and then lol

AaRoN

King Post Whore
Reaction score
monkeydude3 said:
hehe the race wil have to be postponed. See we got hit hard with snow in my town and my buddy's town which is about 30 miles west. We'd both have no traction... FWD and RWD lol.

the race will be filmed so long as he doens't wreck the car between now and then lol

it's a DSM!! he won't have to do anything to wreck it. :hammer:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online