Ignition Switch Wiring

Anthony Todd Storey

Reaction score
  1. Key OFF - power from regulator "B" terminal intoswitch on YELLOW wire. Is battery voltage there? If yes, then disconnect the battery for the next two tests, and check switch continuity from the YEL wire to the others below.
  2. Key ON - power out on two BLK/GRN (fusebox and gauges), one BLK (trans OD relay), and one RED/GRN-to-PNK (coil) wires.
  3. Key in START - power also out on RED/BLU to starter relay ("solenoid").

Anthony Todd Storey

Reaction score
I see said the blind man. If you can get a good pic or link to the 65 schematic I have the 95 wiring manual. Do you know the difference between a true ignition and an accessory wire? An ignition will stay powered while the motor is cranking so a true ignition was to power the ecu for example. I Am not sure the 65 will have a true ignition though since it was carb but find out what the outputs are on that switch and we can go from there
I wish I was better at this type of wiring issue

jmmorgan4

Reaction score
This is a super old thread, but just wanted to say thanks to the mad man who created all the diagrams for us to read. wanted to bypass the ignition and make a switch panel and came across this thread. made my life a whole lot easier. got some wire, relays, relay box, and a shit ton of wire. I have the relay box in the trunk tucked behind the trunk liner and then two big harness running up front with all the needed wires. This was one hell of a project, but all I did was the manual labor, whoever figured out the diagrams is a savor. Not sure anyone will see this, but I have pics of the enitre set up if anyone needs them and once again thank you for gifting us with this thread.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TN95gt

Members online