ylw95gts

Reaction score
These babies came yesterday. O0

misc001a.jpg

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
Midnight_Cobra said:
Nice, glad to see you didn't go the drilled/slotted route.
why?

Damn henry those look great. I say paint the calipers yellow to match and the brackets black. it will look sick. i did my lil brothers calipers red and brackets gloss black and they turned out awesome!

Foster98GT

Reaction score
Thats on my list of things to get.....How much did you pay?

hevnbnd

Reaction score
Nice Brakes... DONT PAINT THE CALIPERS... I have a yellow 95 and it had yellow calipers on it when I got it and they looked like crap. Here is what I have to stop now:

image.php

Just some 2000 Cobra R Brakes. I don't have them installed yet, but soon enough

thorco3

Reaction score
So are you going to use the stock master cyl? I had a similar setup on my 98 stang: mach calipers, power slot rotors, and s/s braided lines. I planned on puting the whole setup on my 95, but not real sure if I should swap the master cylinder with the 98's or just stick with the 95 and expand the lines.

actually I'm not sure if the 98's master cylinder is any different to begin with... maybe somebody could clear that up for me... ? I've looked at both of them and the only differences I can see is the hardlines running out of them have different bends... :dunno:

rgs

Reaction score
cobra brake pedals feel pretty hard to begin with, which im a big fan of.

i took my buddies 04 cobra with around 440 at the wheels for a rip. i was more excited about the braking then i was about the power i think :p

cobra brakes are on my very soon to do list, just gonna get some subframes put on, and a couple other little things fixed up.

thorco3

Reaction score
so did you mess with your hardlines at all matt?

The install was cake on my 98... a matter of unbolting the old stuff, puttin on ss cobra brake lines, and bolting everything else back up. From everything i've read so far it seems like there is some work with the master cyl and hardlines needed for 94-95 stangs

Reaction score
95KBGT said:
Midnight_Cobra said:
Nice, glad to see you didn't go the drilled/slotted route.
why?

Damn henry those look great. I say paint the calipers yellow to match and the brackets black. it will look sick. i did my lil brothers calipers red and brackets gloss black and they turned out awesome!

On a street car, it is not worth it. Think about it, there is less surface area on a drilled/slotted than a OEM one. If you were track racking, I would be all for it.

Pennywise2

Reaction score
Congrats on your new brakes! :thumb:
The Cobra brake kit is my favorite also.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online