Im almost tempted to trade my kenne bell for...

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
A Set of Heads, Upper lower intake, cam and about 300 bucks. Im so pissed off, i have a KB pushing 11psi and im only barley seeing 300HP that has been proven. (320 by estimate) then i take my buddy for a ride yesterday and its so hot outside im only pushing 9psi and it felt like i dropped to 240HP. and theres nothing i can do about it! argh! :rant:

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
well if you would improve your h/c/i (or atleast some of it) over stock (i assume it is stock) i imagine you would have a lot more power. The added power over the stockers by themselves plus they will enhance the kb even more

OP
OP

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
Well yea, here in tx i just put put around for 10 min not even on it and the heat is so intense. i feel it thru my floor board. i loose boost. it makes me mad, like i can only run in cold weather, and thats when the tracks are closed.

OP
OP

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
95CALI-5.0 said:
have you got it tuned???
yea its been tuned however its on the stock 19lbs injectors. rad fan and hood im going to have to say are a must. where can i find these..the hood fully functional?

wytstang

Reaction score
Let me get this straight you're pushing 11/9psi on 19lbs injectors???

jimgt95

Reaction score
Don't be too frustrated with it. You're forcing 9-11 psi through your restrictive stock manifold and heads (and whatever headers and exhaust you are running). The whole thing works as a system. Less restriction means less heat (less boost) but more power. You're not going to get much more out of it with stock injectors, an FMU, and stock engine components. Kenne Bell will tell you the same thing.

You need to invest in a good set of heads, exhaust, injectors, mass air, TB, and most of all a tune. That will be a night and day difference from where you are right now.

1. Are you running a 160 degree thermostat in Texas? I run one here in PA. (not driven during the winter).

2. A larger radiator will do wonders to cool down your engine with that KB. I put on a Fluidyne 2 core and it runs almost too cold. I only get into normal range when I sit in traffic.

3. A hood that allows you to vent heat will also help. I have a Cervinis Cobra R and I can actually see the heat coming out of the vents in the back if I sit in traffic on a hot summer day.

4. How do you find these parts: :google2: Or pick up any mustang magazine and look at the ads.

:hammer:

OP
OP

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
jimgt95 said:
Don't be too frustrated with it. You're forcing 9-11 psi through your restrictive stock manifold and heads (and whatever headers and exhaust you are running). The whole thing works as a system. Less restriction means less heat (less boost) but more power. You're not going to get much more out of it with stock injectors, an FMU, and stock engine components. Kenne Bell will tell you the same thing.

You need to invest in a good set of heads, exhaust, injectors, mass air, TB, and most of all a tune. That will be a night and day difference from where you are right now.

1. Are you running a 160 degree thermostat in Texas? I run one here in PA. (not driven during the winter).

2. A larger radiator will do wonders to cool down your engine with that KB. I put on a Fluidyne 2 core and it runs almost too cold. I only get into normal range when I sit in traffic.

3. A hood that allows you to vent heat will also help. I have a Cervinis Cobra R and I can actually see the heat coming out of the vents in the back if I sit in traffic on a hot summer day.

4. How do you find these parts: :google2: Or pick up any mustang magazine and look at the ads.

:hammer:

:dancing6: i love you, injector tune i hope is comming, and the radiator and thermostat is stock. time to upgrade i guess?

95CALI-5.0

Reaction score
my fluidyne radiator keeps my motor ice cold. big difference form the stocker. also as mentioned earlier, your entire setup works as one unit. Your motor combo is only as good as your weakest part. Once you get the additional parts needed, you will again love being BLOWN

94gtstang50

Reaction score
Definetly run a 160 thermostat. Easy as hell to do and very worth while. I run one up here in vermont and it works great. Get the fluidyne rad and a aftermarket hood as well, the hood alone put my running temp from being at "r-m" to below the "n".

wytstang

Reaction score
O.K the 160* tstat bad idea the engine temps reach that to fast causing the tstat to open up constantly before the coolant in the rad can be cooled properly. What ends up happening is you start recycling hot coolant. The coolant needs time to reach lower temps....

jimgt95

Reaction score
wytstang said:
O.K the 160* tstat bad idea the engine temps reach that to fast causing the tstat to open up constantly before the coolant in the rad can be cooled properly. What ends up happening is you start recycling hot coolant. The coolant needs time to reach lower temps....

With a stock radiator, I will agree. However, if you go with an aftermarket, like the two core Fluidyne that I have, your coolant capacity is more than doubled over stock (larger end tanks). So, you have more area to dissipate heat and more coolant to cycle through your engine. I haven't had an issue yet with my 160 and the Fluidyne. I am also running underdrives. My guage stays between the cold mark and the left edge of the normal range on the highway and only when I am sitting in traffic does my guage get into the "n" or "o" of the normal range. At that point the fan kicks on and it drops back down until the fan kicks off.

I highly recommend an aftermarket radiator. I couldn't believe how small the stock one was when I pulled it out and set it next to the Fluidyne.

G

GREG@SN95

well...

stock heads kinda sucked on the 5.0s in 94-95...

If I was You...

I'd invest in
1. INJECTORS
2. Cam and all the fixins' (valves, lifters, springs, etc)
3. radiator
4. cowl hood

I don't think that pushing that much boost through 19lb injectors is a good idea at all

Monsterbishi

Reaction score
+1 on the injector upgrade reccomendation, 320hp on 1616cc's of total fuel capacity means you're running either at, or beyond 100% duty cycle on the injectors - not a good thing and also probably a contributing factor why you're seeing heat related boost issues.

OP
OP

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
well a guy wants to sell me his 42# injectors for $175 that came of his harley davidson, they are bosch. any thoughts?

OP
OP

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
damn where can i find em for that price ford racing wants 300 for theirs! i told him i was worried about them being used. :bunny3:

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
I have a set of 36# injectors that I'll sell you for a good price. I might have some 42s, too . . but they might already be sold. The 42s have less than 500 miles on them and the 36s don't have much more than that.

I would also recommend that you look into water/methanol injection to cool your boost.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online